PDA

View Full Version : Hanna Andersson for women?

nomnom
12-19-2014, 11:19 PM
I just discovered this brand (late to the game, I know!) for kids and was wondering how the women's line was. :)

lalasmama
12-20-2014, 12:32 AM
LOVE IT! Granted, I always buy it on deep discount from our outlet. I bought a tank dress from HA probably 10 years ago, and I still wear it!

Tenasparkl
12-20-2014, 12:42 AM
I have a few cardigans and a long sweater/coat and I really like them all. They were all hugely discounted at an EOS sale and are really nice for the prices I paid.

WatchingThemGrow
12-20-2014, 08:30 AM
I ADORE my pajamas from HA more than anything else I own. They make winter a little brighter for me.

A nice black A-line skirt from them is a staple of my year-round wardrobe, and I have a 6 year old sweater dress that I still wear. Sometimes the fit has not been right for me, so I've done a fair amount of returns. Wish I could try more without having to invest to try/return.

Simon
12-20-2014, 10:01 AM
I have a long knit skirt and a pair of pants. Both have held up very, very well.

legaleagle
12-20-2014, 10:35 AM
Can anyone compare their fit model to other brands? Like more similar to boden vs gap vs j crew etc?

twowhat?
12-20-2014, 03:54 PM
I just bought a sweater and a dress and ponte pants from them to try. Quality and fabric is very nice, but fit is off, IMO. The sweater needs more length, both in the sleeves and in the body (I don't know why but I have problems with sleeve and torso length both with Boden and Hanna now!!! What is up with that??). And I had already sized up to try to account for this. The dress was meh - not really attractive on (though SO comfy). And the ponte pants just looked awful. Great fabric and heft and stretch...but they looked totally like old lady pants with the pockets on pack that have the curved corners, etc. With my very small sampling, fit was definitely more like Boden. I had to size up for everything - I'm usually an xs for Gap, BR, J Crew and had to get small from HA. With Boden I have to get size 6 tops and I'm tiny-framed on top - 28DD.

Given that they don't do free returns, I don't think I'll be buying womens' from them again anytime soon...now I have to figure out when I'll be 40 min on the other side of town to return what I got:)

So you non-US clothing companies - please make stuff LONGER! Boden offers tall sizes but I've noticed that often it means they add a couple of inches to the hem but they don't change the sleeve length OR where the waist hits! They need to drop the waist and increase sleeve length in addition to adding length to the hem! Seems like duh common sense to me, but I have a feeling they don't do it because it would mean things would cost more to produce.

legaleagle
12-21-2014, 04:26 PM
Boden never fits me (also for the longer torso and arms) so I'm guessing this is out too.

mackmama
12-21-2014, 09:47 PM
I have one knit mini skirt from them that I LOVE. I also love their jammies (size down on the tops).

citymama
12-22-2014, 01:43 AM
I love my survivor hoodies and waterfall cardigans from Hanna. Excellent quality. Fit is most like Eddie Bauer or Lands End - boxy rather than sleek. I wear XS/S in most brands but always XS in Hanna.