PDA

View Full Version : What's your "buy" price for kids' Crocs, Keens, & New Balance tennis shoes?

ourbabygirl
12-21-2014, 02:06 AM
I try to stock up in the off-season, but now that my kids are more particular with the colors they want, it can be trickier to get a good deal on them. I usually buy from Amazon or REI (during one of their member sales), though I have bought Crocs from the Crocs website during a sale, or possible 6pm (they have a lot of Crocs choices but not much for Keens in the sizes I need).

What price do you consider good enough to buy them? There's a pair of Keen new ports on Amazon I would get for DS (navy, size 11) for $31.xx, and a pair of size 10/11 navy blue Crocs (basic Caymans) for about $20... tried the 25% off code, and of course it doesn't work on those. :loveeyes: I don't need them until probably April or May, but thought it would be nice to have them as Christmas gifts if I could find them at a good enough price. I should probably wait, right? He's in a size 10 NB tennis shoe & winter boot, so I'm pretty confident he'll be in an 11 this summer (esp. since they don't do half sizes, I don't need to get a 10.5 too, to be safe).
DS won't need any tennies until this spring, but what would you consider a buy price for those? I got him a pair during a sale at Amazon this fall, luckily he likes them a lot because they look like Spider Man shoes :) (red & blue), & he wears them at preschool, but I should think about the next size up...

Thanks for your help!

citymama
12-21-2014, 03:34 AM
If we really need those shoes, I'm willing to pay close to full price but my stock-up-ahead buy price is something like $15 for crocs and $25 for Keens. I've found them at that price almost every year, maybe not the "perfect"color but something that works.

Snow mom
12-21-2014, 08:00 AM
We don't really buy crocs anymore because they rubbed DDs feet. $12 used to be my buy price. For keens I aim for $15. In general I aim for $20 max for sandals (saltwaters, keens), $25 max for shoes (pediped, umi, see Kai run, stride rite, tsukihosi), and $30 max for boots (pediped and snow). Of course I've spent more sometimes but buying ahead has mainly worked for me.

Melaine
12-21-2014, 09:00 AM
Buying ahead for Crocs, I've paid as low as $5. This week I found pairs for next summer for the girls on clearance at Burlington for $10. I wouldn't pay more than $12 for those ahead. If I need them now I have usually bought at $20, and that was just BOGO at the mall kiosk. My kids like to have lots of pairs of shoes and aren't too picky about them so I am not willing to pay much per pair. The most I have paid has been $25 for Skechers they really wanted. And I won't do that again because they ended up not wearing them. We often do Converse and those can be found for $10-$15 fairly easily. I paid $20 for Emus that year of the great clearance and this year they are wearing the Costco boots marked down to $10 or something last season. TBH, we get used shoes at our local thrift for $1 each. They are often in great shape.

krobbin
12-21-2014, 09:54 AM
We don't really buy crocs anymore because they rubbed DDs feet. $12 used to be my buy price. For keens I aim for $15. In general I aim for $20 max for sandals (saltwaters, keens), $25 max for shoes (pediped, umi, see Kai run, stride rite, tsukihosi), and $30 max for boots (pediped and snow). Of course I've spent more sometimes but buying ahead has mainly worked for me.

These are pretty much my buy points as well. Gilt was having a good sale on their kids shoes that brought many down to these price points and with free shipping, I almost bought some (I have a lot already, so I had to be strong).

ourbabygirl
12-21-2014, 11:02 AM
Thanks, Everyone!
Two more questions: are there any special sites you go to for great deals on these brands?
And would you buy used Keens off of ebay (since they're washable)?

tropicalmom
12-21-2014, 11:09 AM
I would do Keens off EBay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AngB
12-21-2014, 01:08 PM
I would do Keens off EBay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too.

My cousin found a pair of Keens at Nordstrom's Rack for $12 last year.

I ended up getting DS1 a second pair of Osk b'gosh sandals that look almost identical to Keens and they held up really well over the summer-splash parks and everything- and were only $14 at Marshalls. I'm not sure that we will be doing Keen's this year besides the hand me downs I was given from a friend that should work for DS2.

citymama
12-21-2014, 03:38 PM
These are pretty much my buy points as well. Gilt was having a good sale on their kids shoes that brought many down to these price points and with free shipping, I almost bought some (I have a lot already, so I had to be strong).

Is the sale still going on?

Thanks, Everyone!
Two more questions: are there any special sites you go to for great deals on these brands?
And would you buy used Keens off of ebay (since they're washable)?

I would buy new Keens off eBay, not used. Can't tell how much they stink!

krobbin
12-21-2014, 06:30 PM
Is the sale still going on?

Yes, the 40% off offer expires tomorrow the 22nd. I know I got offered free shipping because I was paying with a M/C, some kind of promotion.

The 40% off offer was good for all shoes on their site!