PDA

View Full Version : Books for 7yo girls??

SASM
12-22-2014, 10:51 AM
I just checked the thread in KidFun but it's outdated...lots of new titles out there. I know reading levels are all over the place but I need some book reccs for 7yo girl. The book I bought for DD2 is more suitable as a primary gift for DD1. What picture and chapter books are your girls reading and loving?? Thank you!!

Tammy
12-22-2014, 10:57 AM
My DD (recently turned 8) loves Judy Moody books, Magic Treehouse series, Junie B Jones, and also the American Girl magazines. I ordered her AG books for Christmas so we'll see how she likes those. I've also got her Scholastic chapter books recently about puppies that she enjoys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anonomom
12-22-2014, 11:08 AM
Geronimo and Thea stilton series
Rescue Princess
Never Girls
Ivy & Bean
Lulu and the Brontosarus (and two sequels, but the first is the best)
Whatever After
Frannie K Stein
Betsy-Tacy series
Magic Puppy/kitten/bunny series
Diary of a Wimpy Kid
Big Nate
Bad Kitty books (the first two are picture books, but there are three or four chapter books)

They may also still like the Rainbow Fairies, Butterfly Meadow and the several similar series pumped out by Apple books. Candy Fairies, Mermaid Tales, and I can't remember the rest. Not great books, but quick reads and my DD liked them for a while.

ang79
12-22-2014, 03:15 PM
DD1 is 8 and in second grade. Last year in first grade she loved:

Junie B. Jones
Magic Treehouse
Bailey School kids
Never Girls
Cam Jansen
Horrible Harry
Rainbow Magic

Since summer (right before she turned 8), she really started to get into (and still enjoys):
American Girl historical books
Disney Fairy chapter books
Fancy Nancy chapter books
A to Z mysteries
Calendar mysteries
Puppy Place

anonomom
12-22-2014, 05:45 PM
Oh, I forgot: DD1's entire grade (3rd) seems to be obsessed with the My Weird School series by Dan Gutman.

maestramommy
12-22-2014, 05:48 PM
Depends on reading level, but DD1 is obsessed with Thea Stilton. My sis just got her a Familiars book to hopefully spark her interest in a new series.

DD2 is 7 and likes Fancy Nancy, is just starting with Geronimo Stilton, and still likes any stand alone books about cats and pandas. There is a Panda series that starts with Zen Ties, that she really likes.

citymama
12-22-2014, 05:52 PM
All of the above. Plus some classics:
Pippi Longstocking books
My Father the Dragon trilogy
All of a Kind Family books
Mary Poppins trilogy
Harriet the Spy
Ronia the Robber's Daughter
Stuart Little, Charlotte's Web
Freddy the Pig series
Judy Blume Superfudge (and others)
Cricket in Times Square (George Selden)

ncat
12-22-2014, 08:14 PM
Ivy and Bean series
Gooney Bird Greene series
Betsy Tacy

Were all favorites of DD at 7

magnoliaparadise
12-23-2014, 04:28 AM
This is very timely as my almost 7 yo and I just finished Rescue Princesses - the whole 9 (or 11?) books - by far the best series we have read in terms of enjoyment - she LOVED them.

She also likes Judy Moody and Ramona books - but we are looking for a new big favorite.

SASM
12-23-2014, 07:32 AM
Thank you soooo much!!!! Even though she has read a lot of these series, this has helped a lot!!! I've never heard of Betsy-Tazy-Tib and a few others!! Thank you!!!

klwa
12-23-2014, 08:21 AM
Whatever After
Glad to see this one on someone's list. I picked up one for my niece who is newly 8.

ang79
12-23-2014, 09:25 AM
Glad to see this one on someone's list. I picked up one for my niece who is newly 8.

Oh, forgot about these! DD1 bought 2 of them at the fall bookfair and enjoyed them, so I picked up two others for her for Christmas. Also, Amazon has several of the kindle books in this series for $1.99 right now: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=whatever+after

I picked up the one we didn't have yet on Nook a few weeks ago, but the Nook prices have jumped back up.

novmber
12-23-2014, 12:03 PM
Many of the above

Ivy and bean
Katie kazoo
Billie B
Kylie Jean

novmber
12-23-2014, 12:04 PM
Fairybell

jent
12-23-2014, 12:43 PM
Thanks for starting this thread-- lots of good ideas for DD who is 7. We also like the Just Grace series.

Tenasparkl
12-23-2014, 02:29 PM
Thanks for starting this thread-- lots of good ideas for DD who is 7.

Yes, thanks! DD is 6 and just so excited about reading. This is so helpful.

At the moment she's SO into Pippi Longstocking. I forgot how much fun those stories are.

goldenpig
12-24-2014, 03:36 AM
DD is 7. Here are a few of the books/series she's been into lately:

Goddess Girls (DD and her friends like to play goddesses at recess!)
Percy Jackson
American Girls
Rescue Princesses
Magic Treehouse
Geronimo/Thea Stilton
A-Z Mysteries
Boxcar children
Princess in Black
Ramona
Just Grace
Ruby Lu
Ozma of Oz (graphic novel)