PDA

View Full Version : Several "Whatever After" kindle books on sale for $1.99

ang79
12-23-2014, 09:27 AM
I picked up the one we didn't have in print for the Nook we are giving DD1 a few weeks ago, but the price has jumped back up. Amazon still has some of the Kindle ones marked down though. Thought I'd share if you have girls in the 8-12 year range who like princess stories.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=whatever+after

sewarsh
12-23-2014, 09:40 AM
We're totally out of the princess/barbie stage, but would my 8 year old like these? Once we start a series, she wants to finish the series, so only interested if its good natured series, kwim? Thanks!

ang79
12-23-2014, 04:02 PM
I've only read the excerpt on the backs and reviews on Amazon. So far my daughter has read the Little Mermaid one and the Rapunzel one. They are about a brother and sister who find a magic mirror in the house they just moved into. When they go through the mirror they enter a classic fairy tale (Cinderella, Snow White, Rapunzel, etc.). Each book is about a different story. They try to change part of the fairy tale and the book is about what happens when they try to make changes. A friend who has two daughters who are avid readers said her 3rd grader loves the series. So more magical/fairy tale rather than Disney Princess/Barbie.

doberbrat
12-24-2014, 12:47 AM
dd1 liked them. She was 7 or 8 when she read them. But we get them from the library - not wonderful for her to reread.