PDA

View Full Version : Cordless "Stick" Vacuum You Love?

flygirl555
12-26-2014, 07:54 PM
Tired of my kitchen floor being covered in large crumbs (like dropped cereal, bits of eggs, dog food). Looking for a cordless "stick" vacuum that is lightweight, takes up minimal space, is easy to grab and can easily handle the items I described above. Thinking of a Hoover Linx or Shark Rocket, but willing to spend the $$ on a Dyson DC59 if you think that's the only one that will do the job.

Have one you love? Tell me about it please!

Thanks in advance

georgiegirl
12-26-2014, 08:25 PM
I have the hoover linx, and so far I think it's great. Much better than the ergorapido I had before. I just use ours in our kitchen and dining room area that has tile floors. With three kids and no dog, we have lots of crumbs and dropped food.

zukeypur
12-26-2014, 08:47 PM
I had a linx for a couple of years and loved it. Stupidly, i got an ergorapido from costco. When it stopped holding a charge i took it back to costco and got another one. When that one stopped holding a charge (or picking up anything larger than a crumb), i ordered another linx. Boy, did i miss that thing.

Mikey0709
12-26-2014, 09:08 PM
My Linx is going strong for about 3 years now, even though the entire handle is duct taped together. I still love it and depend on it!

kboyle
12-26-2014, 11:22 PM
I was just asking a friend about this because she got the ergorapido for Xmas. Looks like I'll check out the linx instead!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elbenn
12-26-2014, 11:35 PM
I have the Dyson DC59 and love it! It works really well, but I haven't had any other cordless stick vacuums so I can't compare it to any others.

cckwmh
12-27-2014, 09:48 AM
I have the Dyson DC59 and love it! It works really well, but I haven't had any other cordless stick vacuums so I can't compare it to any others.

we just got this a month ago and LOVE it. don't have anything to compare it too, but it is perfect on our hardwood and tile.

hillview
12-27-2014, 10:27 AM
we have the dyson and LOVE it. Before we had the orange one (ergorapido) and it stopped taking a charge. The dyson is way better at sucking up stuff. We have HW and tile.

wendibird22
12-27-2014, 11:38 AM
We had a linx and it was so so. It didn't have the suction power of our prior corded versions so we went back to corded.

94bruin
12-27-2014, 12:58 PM
Have had several Ergorapidos. Very easy to use, but the battery always dies over time.

Tried the Dyson from Costco. While it does a great job (way better than the Ergorapido) , I didn't like the fact that you had to hold a trigger in order for the suction to be on. Maybe it's because I'm a petite person, but it tired out my hand to have to do that. Prefer that the vacuum be on passively. That went back to Costco, even though I loved the cleaning ability. Maybe if you have bigger hands, it wouldn't be an issue for you?

I'll have to look into the linx. Would like to have something easy for the girls to use, especially DD2. She drops a lot of crumbs on the ground when she eats!