PDA

View Full Version : How to find good deals on Great Wolf Lodge

magnoliaparadise
12-29-2014, 06:56 AM
I'd love to do a trip to GW Lodge, but the prices are steep.
Does anyone have any tips on finding good promo codes or know any ongoing now?

I just signed up for their e-mails so I don't miss future ones.
I just did a BBB search and saw that there are sometimes deals on Groupon and maybe Living Social and Zullilly? Any others? I think I've only seen them on Groupon in the past.

I would be gratful for any tips on how to find Great Wolf Lodge discounts! Thanks in advance.

hellokitty
12-29-2014, 07:40 AM
Make sure you are also on their Facebook page. In know that Kalahari does specials that are on their Facebook, gwl probably does the same thing.

reneed
12-29-2014, 12:19 PM
We just purchased a night from groupon....

army_mom
12-30-2014, 12:17 AM
You can get a reasonable discount with the AAA card too (ours even worked for NYE last year). Kansas City one does Groupon quite often. Once you stay once, you will get lots of emails giving you discounts for future visits too (usually 20-25% off stays which is the best I have seen). Kansas City also does Big Brother/Big Sister promotion in spring and fall where you can just buy a ticket online in advance to swim only and all proceeds got to BBBS. It's pretty cheap too-maybe $15 a person or something. Not sure if other cities do that promotion. It isn't a very well advertised deal either-we heard about it through word of mouth.

acmom
12-30-2014, 11:21 AM
Make sure you are also on their Facebook page. In know that Kalahari does specials that are on their Facebook, gwl probably does the same thing.

:yeahthat: We have been to the Niagara Falls one and are heading back there this winter and they do FB promos too. I am on the email list and got an email opening up the promo to me a day before it opened on FB...not sure if this was just bc I was on the email list or bc of our previous stay.

Tammy
12-30-2014, 11:43 AM
On GWL website they'll also have a certain percentage off with so many nights you're staying and different rooms qualify. They will have some dates blacked out. Also we've found that visiting during the non-peak times are much cheaper than during the peak summer vacation times. We've been several times and they will mail us 20% off cards to come back every year. We opt for the condo style room so we can eat breakfast and lunch in the room and then go out for dinners. Even though that room is more expensive than the basic hotel room, this has saved us money with meal costs during those non-peak season times.

vludmilla
12-30-2014, 12:47 PM
I've seen the Poconos GWL as much as 30% off but it is for off-peak times so if you could go during the week (not on a school vacation), you would get the best rates and discounts. We've been three times and it is nice but not for more than 2 nights, IMO, so that keeps the costs down. All of the rooms have mini refrigerators and microwaves so we always eat breakfast and lunch in the room without trouble and we don't pay for the condo style room. The food there is TERRIBLE, especially if you're used to eating in the NYC area (I seem to remember you're in the NYC metro area) but they do have a Starbucks that is nice for coffee in am;) You can save money and get a mildly better meal by eating off-site.

alleycat
12-30-2014, 01:24 PM
The company I used to work for offered discounts to GWL. I know my friend who works for a bank and another that works at a law firm got a discount code through their employer. I believe it was a generic code for both places and only good for the local (Poconos) GWL. Maybe check with your or DH's workplace?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk