PDA

View Full Version : Buying PBK furniture - anyone have a % off and free ship code to spare?

citymama
12-31-2014, 04:51 AM
I'm finally pulling the trigger on a PBK bunk bed (Kendall) and mattresses. They're somewhat marked down right now, but it's no screaming deal. I have a 10% off new email sign-up code, which helps slightly - except that in addition to a heft ($250) surcharge on these items they are charging shipping - 10% of the total, or just about what I save with the code! Ack. I called PBK to see if they would waive the fee and got transferred from one unhelpful CS rep to another. In short, if you have a % off and free ship code for Pottery Barn Kids that can be used with furniture, I would really love it! Thanks so much.

marymoo86
12-31-2014, 04:53 AM
I've never seen % codes and free ship it has always been one or the other.

kit
12-31-2014, 09:08 AM
I thought the % codes they occasionally email out usually exclude furniture?

candaceb
12-31-2014, 10:50 AM
I just got a 20% off anything code and it excludes furniture.

citymama
12-31-2014, 01:12 PM
The 10% off new customers code doesn't exclude furniture. They occasionally have 20% off and free ship codes (several people posted those here around Christmas). I am not sure if those excluded furniture. Hoping for a New Years miracle! ;-)

On another note, can I complain about how annoying it is to pay a $200 shipping surcharge on the bunk beds and also be charged $150+ in shipping? That's ridiculous!

Binkandabee
12-31-2014, 01:25 PM
I have a coupon at home that I received with an order I placed in December. I don't recall what it is, but will post when I get home if you can use it on furniture.

citymama
12-31-2014, 02:11 PM
I have a coupon at home that I received with an order I placed in December. I don't recall what it is, but will post when I get home if you can use it on furniture.

Thank you!

3isEnough
12-31-2014, 03:25 PM
I have a 15% off that doesn't exclude furniture, but unfortunately it doesn't help on shipping. You can have that if you want. Also, in the past when I've had larger PB/PBK purchases I first purchase PBK gift cards from Cardpool to help offset the cost a bit. I just checked and they're currently listed at a 7% discount. It's not huge but it does help a bit. I've only used cardpool a few times but haven't had any issues with them.

ETA: Cardpool has Williams Sonoma GCs at an 8% discount. I'm almost positive these can be used at PBK but you should confirm first. They're electronic GCs so Cardpool will email you the card no. and pin and you can use online.

citymama
12-31-2014, 03:39 PM
I have a 15% off that doesn't exclude furniture, but unfortunately it doesn't help on shipping. You can have that if you want. Also, in the past when I've had larger PB/PBK purchases I first purchase PBK gift cards from Cardpool to help offset the cost a bit. I just checked and they're currently listed at a 7% discount. It's not huge but it does help a bit. I've only used cardpool a few times but haven't had any issues with them.

ETA: Cardpool has Williams Sonoma GCs at an 8% discount. I'm almost positive these can be used at PBK but you should confirm first. They're electronic GCs so Cardpool will email you the card no. and pin and you can use online.

I would love that, thanks! Can you PM it to me? Great tip about Cardpool - off to check!

3isEnough
12-31-2014, 04:06 PM
I would love that, thanks! Can you PM it to me? Great tip about Cardpool - off to check!

PM sent!

citymama
12-31-2014, 05:34 PM
PM sent!

Thanks so much!

citymama
12-31-2014, 06:27 PM
First off, 3isEnough, thanks for sending over the code and Binkandbee, thank you for offering to share yours. The good news is: I don't need either! I spent the last hour calling all the PBK stores in the area to see if they had the bunk beds in stock. None did, and none offered to waive shipping either. :(

However, at one store (about an hour away) I got the store manager. She offered to do 15% off everything - meaning shipping, tax, surcharge too - which would be better than the 15% off merchandise deal. While talking to her, it turns out this item color is being discontinued, so we considered adding a dresser and book case too. She very kindly sweetened the deal with 20% off everything since it took our total above, er, um, a large number. But our kids have been in hand me down junk and their baby furniture for the past 8 years, and we have never spent money on new furniture for them.

Just a suggestion to call your local store when making a big-ticket purchase!

Binkandabee
01-01-2015, 06:18 PM
That sounds great! My coupon was not a percent off.

3isEnough
01-02-2015, 12:48 AM
Nice job on the negotiating!

bostonsmama
01-06-2015, 05:58 PM
Pottery Barn stores also offer a newly moved discount of 15% off. It would be at the discretion of the manager to do it off everything, though. We didn't get it off shipping of thousands of dollars in master bedroom bedding and bath furniture, lighting, mirrors, fixtures, etc. But, we moved to a new house a few years ago and never used the new movers code, so they honored it. For furniture, try waiting for a normal sale price or special price with waived surcharge, then try to find an additional code.