PDA

View Full Version : Which brown boot do you like better?

acmom
12-31-2014, 09:11 AM
I have been on a search for casual brown boots and have found 2 contenders and can't decide which to keep! Here are the 2 choices...both are comfortable and fit well. I'm planning to wear them casually, mostly with jeans, leggings or cords - around town, to sporting events, etc.
Both are mid-calf which is a good height for me since I am petite. And I got both on sale - Gentle Souls for $98 and Merrells for $130.

Merrell Buckle Down http://www.zappos.com/merrell-captiva-buckle-down-waterproof-espresso

Gentle Souls Buckle Up http://http://www.zappos.com/gentle-souls-buckled-up-rustic-brown?ef_id=VKP0RQAABRDhLQQr:20141231130405:s

Gentle Souls are super soft and maybe a bit more comfy but the Merrells are waterproof and probably warmer. I like the brown color of the Gentle Souls a bit more. Both seem to have a decent tread. I live in upstate NY and while I won't wear these in heavy snow or rain (have snow and rain boots for that!) our winters are long and not kind to shoes! Even non-snowy/rainy days often can be slushy, salty or have some snow on the ground. (I would spray the Gentle Souls if I went with those).

Which would you choose? (Or convince me I need both! ;) ) Thanks!!

Mommy_Mea
12-31-2014, 09:34 AM
I have the Merrell Captiva (launch style) and really like them. I have only had them for about a month, but they have been perfect for this cold (but not super cold) and wet weather. I wear normal socks and my feet stay warm and dry. For colder weather you could probably wear thicker socks, I have wide feet, so no room for that :) They are nice and grippy.

BDKmom
12-31-2014, 11:06 AM
I like the style of the Merrells better. They seem more versatile. I don't care for the way the Gentle Souls bunch at the top.

MMMommy
12-31-2014, 12:04 PM
The Gentle Souls link did not work for me (page not loading). Here is Garnet Hill's link--

http://www.garnethill.com/gentle-souls-buckled-up-boots/18603

I think the Merrell looks weatherproof and for inclement weather, and I think the Gentle Souls looks more like a fashion boot (not intended to be worn in bad weather). Both are nice. I like the Gentle Souls, but that is because I have them in black and love their comfort. I do not wear them in bad weather.

Nooknookmom
12-31-2014, 01:48 PM
LOVE the merrells!! I like the burgundy ;)

But theost Impt thing is that u are comfy. Waterproof is best (I grew up in the Chicago area)...

hellokitty
12-31-2014, 03:11 PM
I like the merrells BC the gentle souls has a bit of a biker babe vibe to it...

Nooknookmom
12-31-2014, 08:24 PM
I like the merrells BC the gentle souls has a bit of a biker babe vibe to it...

I wear "biker boots" what's wrong with that? I also wear doc marten mosh boots daily :) not every girl wants to dress like a priss!

I voted waterproof tho bc of her situation.

SnuggleBuggles
12-31-2014, 08:25 PM
I wear "biker boots" what's wrong with that? I also wear doc marten mosh boots daily :) not every girl wants to dress like a priss!

I voted waterproof tho bc of her situation.

My problem w biker style is that I'm short and mid calf makes my legs look even shorter. It's the height, not style for me.

hellokitty
12-31-2014, 09:22 PM
There's nothing wrong with the biker style... But I feel like it's less versatile.

maylips
01-01-2015, 12:29 AM
The Gentle Souls don't look biker babe to me...they look more hip than the Merrells (IMO).

For that, I vote Gentle Souls.

But honestly, they look pretty different. Enough to justify BOTH pairs. :)

MMMommy
01-01-2015, 01:11 AM
The Gentle Souls don't look biker babe to me...they look more hip than the Merrells (IMO).

For that, I vote Gentle Souls.

But honestly, they look pretty different. Enough to justify BOTH pairs. :)

:yeahthat: I think they are two different styles altogether. I see Gentle Souls as a fashion boot not intended for rugged wear, and I see the Merrells as a sporty, outdoorsy boot.

AnnieW625
01-02-2015, 01:05 PM
I like them both, but would probably go with the Merrells.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk