PDA

View Full Version : TOMS desert wedges

zukeypur
01-01-2015, 09:12 PM
I have had these on my christmas list for 2 years now, and i STILL don't have any! DH tried to order them this year, but there was an issue with the order going through at paypal but not through TOMS. By the time he discovered it, they were out of stock and have been since. I was looking at the taupe, but i found a pair of chestnut on sale. Would the chestnut be as versitile as the taupe? I don't think i want black. I have been wearing mainly jeggings (black and dark denim) or leggings (black or charcoal) with a tunic or long sweater most days. My wardrobe has a ridiculous amount of gray and black. I thought the taupe would go with most of what i have, but now i sm leaning towards the chestnut (mainly because i found them on sale and i can get them now). Toms did give DH a $15 credit, but the shoes i found on sale are more than $15 off.

ETA: Nevermind. They sold out while i was being indecisive. :(

ETA #2. I wear 7.5 normally, but most of my boots are size 8 to allow for thicker socks. I wear 7.5 in classic toms, but there's no way i would wear them with socks. I'm wondering if i could wear these in a size 8. I always wear socks in the fall and winter, and usually wool socks if it's below 60. There is one left in size 8.

Pennylane
01-01-2015, 10:39 PM
I have the taupe and love them. Is chestnut the orange like color? I don't think those are as versatile . I went up a 1/2 size in mine . The 8 was tight with a very thin sock on .

Ann

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zukeypur
01-01-2015, 10:43 PM
Yes, but it's quilted leather. I am leaning towards waiting for the taupe to be back in stock.

aa2mama
01-01-2015, 10:48 PM
I have a black pair of the Toms wedges that I love, and I would really like to get a second pair in taupe so I think you will really like the Toms wedges!

As for color, I think the taupe will be more versatile with blacks and grays so I would hold out for it if that's what you want.

On size, I pretty much always wear an 8 across the board and have an 8 in the wedges. I had to size down to a 7 in the classic Toms. If you plan on wearing thick socks with the wedges then I would size up to an 8.

Have you checked Nordstrom's website to see if they're in stock there? You probably wouldn't be able to use your credit but they offer fast free shipping and a great return policy.

zukeypur
01-01-2015, 10:54 PM
Yes, I've been hoping for a sale from nordstrom. I guess it would be a good idea to order from nordstrom first to make sure i get the right size. I have heard that returning something to Toms is a PITA

firstbaby
01-01-2015, 11:18 PM
Check out the TOMS desert wedge shoes in medium gray from Nordstrom. They look very metallicy from their on line pic but aren't that much in person - great beige and gray combo. I liked them for me because I wanted to wear them year round but would feel like I couldn't do that with the suede. Just an option to look at - they have your size in stock :)

zukeypur
01-01-2015, 11:54 PM
Check out the TOMS desert wedge shoes in medium gray from Nordstrom. They look very metallicy from their on line pic but aren't that much in person - great beige and gray combo. I liked them for me because I wanted to wear them year round but would feel like I couldn't do that with the suede. Just an option to look at - they have your size in stock :)
I thought about those but thought they looked to metallic. I might order them to see them in person.