PDA

View Full Version : Quality, inexpensive duvets for someone who gets bored often: Ikea? Target? West Elm?

maylips
01-01-2015, 09:37 PM
I have discovered I get tired of my bedding every few years and want to change it out more often. Thing is, I usually invest in (what to me is) fairly expensive - like Pottery Barn - and then feel guilty for changing it out after just 4 years or so.

Has anyone tried IKEA for a master bedroom? Are their duvets soft? I could change out looks easily if they are!

Alternatively, does anyone have West Elm Belgium linen? Do you like it? I thought another option would be to get that and change out throw pillows but I don't know if they are soft or not. I hate these sites that don't have reviews on them!

hillview
01-01-2015, 09:46 PM
we have Ikea and are very happy with them

maylips
01-01-2015, 10:04 PM
we have Ikea and are very happy with them

Which one do you have? I'm ready to be inspired.

hellokitty
01-01-2015, 10:33 PM
I'm disappointed in Target's duvet quality. The fabric gets really pilled up. I have two sets that I will probably retire soon, due to this issue. I like garnet hill, but it's more expensive. Pottery barn has lasted me a long time too.

hellokitty
01-01-2015, 10:33 PM
IKEA pills up too.

maylips
01-02-2015, 12:02 AM
Well, yuck. Our dog sleeps on our bed at times so I wash it a lot. Maybe I'll try the west elm one.

gymnbomb
01-02-2015, 02:33 AM
We have Ikea in our guest room. We currently have BB&B in our master during the summer -- I love the look of it but am not thrilled with the price for how well it has (or hasn't) held up. I plan to replace it with Ikea. In the winter we have LLB flannel which I love!!