PDA

View Full Version : What tickets do I want?

kristenk
01-01-2015, 10:05 PM
I need to buy WDW park tickets for our April/May trip. We arrive on a Tuesday and leave on a Sunday. I don't have tickets for our flight either. I'm guessing we'll arrive in mid-late afternoon. We could probably arrive as early as 2pm, but no earlier. On Sunday, there's a flight that leaves at 4pm that seems most likely.

We're staying at the Beach Club. Because of the close proximity to Epcot, I'm sorta wondering if we should go with Park Hoppers.

DD has her heart set on Disney Quest for some reason, so I've told her we can do that. If we do that, do we just go with the Water Park Fun & More tickets?

Here are the ticket prices from Undercover Tourist with the mousesavers discount:

4 day:
Base $308
Hopper $358
Fun $356
Fun + Hopper $365

5 day:
Base $308
Hopper $358
Fun $358
Fun + Hopper $386

6 day:
Base $321
Hopper $382
Fun $382
Fun + Hopper $403

1-Day admission to DisneyQuest is $42, so it seems as if adding that in with the Water Park Fun & More option makes the most sense. Right?

Right now I'm leaning toward the 5-day Park Hopper + Water Park Fun and More tickets, but does that make sense? Especially since we'll be there 6 days?

anonomom
01-02-2015, 10:48 AM
I would do a four-day ticket, depending on what time you arrive on Tuesday/leave on Sunday. Your instinct wrt hoppers is right, IMO. The Beach Club is literally steps from Epcot and if nothing else, you may to want to go into the park for dinners. If your kids stay up late, you may also want to catch the fireworks there at night.

BC also has an awesome pool. You can plan a day with Disney Quest in the morning then spend the afternoon/evening at the pool (toast some marshmallows at the campfire, watch the movie on the beach). Maybe eat dinner at Beaches and Cream (really good Tomato Bisque) or at the pool bar. You won't need to use a park ticket. That leaves you with the ability to go the park on either your arrival or departure day, and if you find you want more park time you can upgrade your ticket any time before you use your last day's admission.

ETA: Just reread your post more carefully. If your flight arrives at 2pm, count on not being ready for the parks until 3:30 or so (assuming you use Magical Express). Similarly, if you have a 4pm departure, ME will probably want to pick you up no later than 1 pm. With packing and all (and depending on how energetic you are), you won't have time for more than a few hours in any park that morning.

MSWR0319
01-02-2015, 09:53 PM
I think it depends on the age of your kids. We are staying at the BCV in a few weeks. I went back and forth on hoppers and decided against them because the kids are 6 and 2. They will go to bed early and if we get back early from another park, they'll want to hang out at the pool (if it's warm enough) or I thought we could peruse the boardwalk. If they were older I would have gotten the hoppers. I probably would do no more than the 5 day ticket. We're there 8 days and I got the 7 day ticket because we are going to Epcot the day went get there (but we land at 10:30) for a few hours. We fly out early the last day so no park for us.

acmom
01-03-2015, 11:28 PM
Your instinct wrt hoppers is right, IMO. The Beach Club is literally steps from Epcot and if nothing else, you may to want to go into the park for dinners. If your kids stay up late, you may also want to catch the fireworks there at night.

:yeahthat: We just did a trip in Nov and stayed at BC. We haven't done hoppers on our previous trips, but went with them this time bc of the proximity to Epcot (and HS) and we were really glad we did! My kids are 4 and 6 and usually go to bed early (7:30) but in Disney, they made it for fireworks a couple nights and we also hit Epcot for dinner several nights. BC is such a great location - have a great trip!!