PDA

View Full Version : Swan or Dolphin?

jayali
01-01-2015, 10:58 PM
We will be heading to Disney the first weekend in March. The trip is really to see a Mets Spring Training game. They will be playing the Braves on that Tuesday.i can book the Swan or Dolphin using my Starwoods points but we have never stayed there while visiting the parks. Has anyone ever stayed at either hotel and want to share their experience? Last year on a similar trip we stayed at the Yacht Club and really enjoyed the location. DS is 10 and we spent more time at Epcot then on any of our previous trips. I am struggling with the free portion of the Swan or Dolphin vs paying for the Yacht Club again, but want to make sure we will still have a good Disney experience.

123LuckyMom
01-01-2015, 11:42 PM
I've stayed at one of them. I can't remember which, years and years ago when they were relatively new. My dad had booked the hotel, and I remember my mom being really upset because it wasn't a "real" Disney hotel. The theming was fine, if not spectacular, though. Those hotels are very close to EPCOT, and I seem to remember that they also had the early and late hours of the official Disney hotels. If you will save a ton of money by staying there, I would, especially if this is not a one and only trip.