PDA

View Full Version : S/O Decluttering/clean up question

DualvansMommy
01-02-2015, 01:24 AM
So I asked in other decluttering/cleanup 2015 thread to join and gotten thinking on various projects. One of it is my massive pile collection of photos that I took over the years, some from family, childhood photos, and family events/memories. Nowadays everyone is going digital, i hate the old method of keeping photo albums since it is a daunting task to separate and put thousands of photos into different albums. I've been printing/keeping annual photo books that I started about 4 years ago and really prefer this method; gather the best photos of each year into a photo book and label it the year and put it in my bookcase.

Someone told me about a website called scanmyphotos.com where they'll send you a prepaid box for you to put in all of your photos you wanted to be scanned onto a CD, flash drive, and other options. I thought this is a great solution to my issue where i could then print said photos out of that paid CD i'll keep into different photo books.

have anyone heard/done this before? would you do it, if not why not?

Melaine
01-02-2015, 07:46 AM
Do you have any local friends with teens? They might like to do this for some extra money, my sister did in highschool. I would be nervous mailing them off; so much stuff gets lost in the mail.

hellokitty
01-02-2015, 09:13 AM
Do you have any local friends with teens? They might like to do this for some extra money, my sister did in highschool. I would be nervous mailing them off; so much stuff gets lost in the mail.

I agre with Melaine. This is something I'd rather that someone that I knew did. It doesn't take much skill, just time, so a teenager or someone elderly could even do this or you, and probably for cheaper.

azzeps
01-02-2015, 06:18 PM
If I didn't have a teen available, I would look for someone who could do it locally, rather than mailing off all my precious, irreplaceable photos! I don't know, maybe I'm paranoid, but it seems risky!

truly scrumptious
01-03-2015, 10:17 AM
There are apps that let you "scan" your photos. I am planning to research them at some point and try it. Full disclosure though, I've never actually used one so I have no idea how well they'd work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk