PDA

View Full Version : disney in late june, july or august?

hillview
01-02-2015, 07:56 PM
Is this a terrible idea? Peak weeks?

hellokitty
01-02-2015, 08:32 PM
Late August would be the slowest time of those 3 months.

barkley1
01-02-2015, 09:23 PM
I would look at the crowd calendar AND the average temps for those weeks. For me personally, there is nothing worse than being hot. It was super hot only one of the 5 days we were there last year, and IMO it was the worst day - we were just zapped!! I was amazed how much better I felt the other days when it was cooler (and we weren't doing die-hard park touring, either).

MSWR0319
01-02-2015, 09:45 PM
Check the crowd calendar on easywdw.com. I think the slowest weeks are late August but I don't know what you want to do about school. I can't stand the heat there so I would avoid the hottest times. We went three years ago in late April and two days they had record breaking heat. The CM told us it was like mid July weather. I was so exhausted and felt sick by the end of the day and it wasn't even busy.

hillview
01-02-2015, 09:53 PM
ok the weather sounds MISERABLE. thanks

TwinFoxes
01-02-2015, 10:03 PM

I tend to like warm, even hot weather. But the humidity is just oppressive.

elbenn
01-02-2015, 11:41 PM

I need to check the weather, I guess, because we are thinking about going next summer. I know people who have gone and they say they hit the park early in the day, chill out at the hotel for the afternoon, and then go back to the park in the late afternoon/early evening. I don't like really hot weather though, especially when it's coupled with humidity.

anonomom
01-03-2015, 09:41 AM
If those are the only months you can reasonably go, then don't worry too much about the weather. We've done trips in several different months and this past year, went in August. It was, admittedly, our least comfortable trip, but we still had a good time. Aim for the week with the lowest expected crowds, and be prepared. Pack a change of clothes for everyone each day, bring misting fans and maybe chill towels (though I didn't find mine all that effective) and make sure you're in the park for opening each day. You can leave by 1 pm or so, when the heat starts getting really bad, and go back to the hotel for a swim. Take it slow, budget for lots of water and resign yourself to looking shiny and sweaty in all photos. But you can have a great time. And I say this as someone who HATES being uncomfortable.

KrisM
01-03-2015, 11:28 AM
My brother's family has gone a couple times the last couple weeks of August. He says they like it because it's not busy. They get up early and hit the parks, and then swim during the hottest part of the day. They go back at night again. It's definitely hot, but it does work for them.

kboyle
01-03-2015, 01:13 PM
We've gone to Disney and universal first week of August twice in past 4 years. It's hot but we survived. It's the only time that works for us and my parents who like to come. We like to do early morning and hit a cool indoor restaurant during the midday heat for lunch and try and head back to hotel before dark so we can swim and if we want to head back at night when the sun is down we have the chance, but usually don't

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnuggleBuggles
01-03-2015, 01:22 PM
My darned sister ruined my Disney trip as a kid (said as a selfish, pouty kid who didn't get that my sister had it much worse). She got sick from the heat on our August vacation and we had to leave the park by midday and never got to return that day. I don't remember that trip well but I think that was our only park day too. Also, it rained briefly every afternoon.