PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Elfa in their hall coat closet?

JanBaby
01-02-2015, 11:06 PM
TCS is having their 30% off Elfa sale. I went into my account to see when I last bought multi purpose bins and got sucked in. Now I want to redo the closet where we store our coats, adult shoes and misc things like reusable grocery bags. We don't have a mudroom and this closet is right off the garage going into the kitchen. I can't find any pictures of this type of configuration. Right now, kids jackets are hanging on Command hooks on the door so they can hang them up. Does Elfa work well for this space? TIA!

blueperidot
01-02-2015, 11:53 PM
I use elfa in our coat closet and it's fabulous! We worked with someone at the store who really designed it well, maximizing all the space so it looks totally organized but holds tons!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WatchingThemGrow
01-03-2015, 07:54 AM
Our coat closet is not very big, but we Elfa'd it. The left side has 5 shelves (one for each of us for shoes/bags) and the right side has two rods (top for adults, lower for DC). There's of course, one high shelf across the top we can't reach for out of season stuff. If anyone has something else, please share. I always want to fit more in there, but I'm very thankful it has a door/isn't an open mudroom. All those shoes STINK!

Pinky
01-03-2015, 10:50 AM
Do you guys have pictures of your coat closet? We need major help with ours!

JanBaby
01-03-2015, 11:14 AM
I just had them design one for me via the phone. We need room for adult shoes (esp DH because he hates what we are currently using - the little cubbies - so he never puts then away) so I'm putting in three gliding shoe shelves at the bottom, then one hanging rod for coats and three shelves above it spanning the width of the closet. The shoe shelves are 24 inches so we won't have room for additional shelving next to them but will have some open space - I may hang the kids coats there on hooks depending on how the space lays out otherwise we'll use that area for boots, which we also need. Our closet is 36 inches wide and 23 inches deep. Happy organizing!