PDA

View Full Version : Magnatiles and kinetic sand storage

zukeypur
01-03-2015, 05:23 PM
I am looking for a container that is both pretty (not a plastic box) and the right size to hold magnatiles. We have 175 magnatiles, and i like for them to stay down in the living room so that they don't get lost upstairs in all of the kids' mess.

Also, what do you store kinetic sand in? I would love a container big enough to allow playing with it inside the container, but not huge.

Thanks!

SnuggleBuggles
01-03-2015, 05:54 PM
Magnatiles are in a cube sized cloth bin. Target has some pretty wooden ones now too but it might be too heavy when filled.

belovedgandp
01-03-2015, 06:49 PM
We just went from 100 clear magnatiles to almost 200 with the addition of two sets of the DX ones. Ours are just in plastic, but I will say it was too heavy for one container now. I ended up with two smaller ones.

ourbabygirl
01-03-2015, 07:01 PM
Our two sets of Magnatiles are just in a plastic sweater box from The Container Store. :)

hellokitty
01-03-2015, 07:15 PM
We use one of those popcorn tons, the shorter ones.

smilequeen
01-03-2015, 08:04 PM
Our magnatiles are in a PBK basket that fits on our shelving system.

They have the kinetic sand from Brookstone with the wooden box that they play in...I just keep it in there on a shelf in one of my kitchen cabinets. There is also a plastic bin with the colored kinetic sand I got from Target. I have 3 of them, one for each kid and I just stack them on top of each other and put them in the cabinet.

georgiegirl
01-03-2015, 09:51 PM
Our magnatiles are in two shoebox size sterlite/Rubbermaid shoebox sized containers. 100 pieces fits perfectly and is light enough for the kids to carry around themsrlves

Momit
01-03-2015, 10:00 PM
Mangatiles are in a PBK basket stashed under the air hockey table. Kinetic sand is in an ugly plastic bin in the closet - I don't want it coming out unless I'm right there to supervise. :)

essnce629
01-03-2015, 10:09 PM
Our two sets of Magnatiles are just in a plastic sweater box from The Container Store. :)
Same as our two sets.

zukeypur
01-03-2015, 11:24 PM
Thanks ladies! I looked and didn't find anything at target, but i will check PB. I need to order something from them anyway. I think i might also look at IKEA. Right now they are all just stacked on the fireplace. I found a sterilite container at target for the sand. It has latches to keep it closed so that there is less of a chance of accidental spill.

stillplayswithbarbies
01-04-2015, 01:58 AM
we us the rolling bins from Ikea from the children's section for magnatiles. It's too heavy to lift, so it's nice to just roll it out to play.

barkley1
01-04-2015, 10:50 AM
I'm looking for a storage solution for the sand. We've just kept the magnatiles in their original box (set of 100).