PDA

View Full Version : What color shirt to wear with this outfit?

StantonHyde
01-05-2015, 12:09 AM
For a work outfit: I have a grey a-line, above the knee skirt that I was going to wear with navy blue tights/boots and a navy blue blazer. Could I wear red or light blue? white/ivory seems a little too bland to me????? I look better in cool colors. TIA!

TwinFoxes
01-05-2015, 09:34 AM
I'd be a bit afraid that red might seem a little flight-attendantish with a navy blazer. Would a light grey work? Or even white/ivory with a pattern?

aa2mama
01-08-2015, 10:27 AM
Well, it's not a cool color, but I would pair that outfit with a mustard shirt. I love the mustard/gray/navy combo. Since the navy blazer is on top, I think the outfit would still flatter your complexion.:)

elbenn
01-08-2015, 11:21 AM
I think light blue would look fine. I like the mustard/gold suggestion. That would be very pretty. Teal and green would also be pretty. I think a patterned blouse would look the most stylish.

Mommy_Mea
01-08-2015, 03:09 PM
I like the mustard suggestion as well, although I think a patterned shirt would do the most to pull the outfit together.

twowhat?
01-08-2015, 10:50 PM
I would do a neutral patterned shirt. Do you have something cream/gray or cream/black (or white instead of cream) pattern? I LOVE navy but I have such trouble with pairings with it!!

StantonHyde
01-08-2015, 11:06 PM
I have no patterned shirts!! quite the shortcoming that needs to be remedied! I ended up with a light blue silk turtleneck and that looked fine. A patterned shirt would have been better!!

ETA:mustard would look gawd awful on me. I really do better in summer!:)