PDA

View Full Version : Solution for kitchen rubber gloves?

TwoBees
01-05-2015, 10:23 AM
How do you dry and store kitchen rubber gloves used for washing dishes? I'll drape them over the swan-neck faucet to dry, but DH hates that. He puts them behind the sink but then they don't dry and get wet every time the sink is used.

specialp
01-05-2015, 10:33 AM
Under the sink. I have a wire basket (sort of like an elfa shelf) that is attached to the door with command hooks.

SnuggleBuggles
01-05-2015, 10:34 AM
I so rarely hand wash anything that I never use them. Put the kids in charge of dishes and ditch the gloves. :)

TwoBees
01-05-2015, 10:36 AM
Under the sink. I have a wire basket (sort of like an elfa shelf) that is attached to the door with command hooks.

Do they dry this way? What about any water dripping off the gloves?

I so rarely hand wash anything that I never use them. Put the kids in charge of dishes and ditch the gloves. :)

Soon, I hope! DD1 is still too young. I rarely hand wash either, but there are some things that have to be hand washed.

jgenie
01-05-2015, 11:19 AM
I drape mine over the partition between our sinks. I won't wash dishes without gloves and I won't wear wet gloves so DH moves them to the counter if he uses the sink. He doesn't like to look at my gloves either but prefers that to having to do the dishes himself. ;)

Twoboos
01-05-2015, 11:26 AM
I drape mine over the partition between our sinks. I won't wash dishes without gloves and I won't wear wet gloves ... <snip>. ;)

This is pretty much what I do. I cannot wash dishes without gloves, I thought I was the only one!! ;)

Sometimes I drape them over the side, so they are less likely to get water into the openings. This of course looks awful, half on the counter half in the sink. But no one here really notices, lol.

urbanmommy
01-05-2015, 01:01 PM
We have a drying rack next to the sink and I drape mine on the back of that. I can't wash dishes without gloves as well. My hands would be an even dryer, more cracked mess.

boltfam
01-05-2015, 01:51 PM
I have them hanging on the inside of the cabinet under the sink. I use these command clips. http://www.command.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/NACommand/Command/Products/Catalog/~/Command-Quartz-Spring-Clip-Small?N=5924736+3293908202+3294529207&rt=rud

i have had to replace one of the clips because dd broke it, and it did no damage to my cabinet door when I took it off.

abh5e8
01-05-2015, 02:54 PM
at the risk of hijacking...i'm fascinated. i wash dishes every day, and have never used gloves. but now I think I should. my hands do get very dry and cracked and "tired" looking, i bet that would help.

so....what kind do you love? i have small hands, do they come in sizes?

wendibird22
01-05-2015, 04:47 PM
at the risk of hijacking...i'm fascinated. i wash dishes every day, and have never used gloves. but now I think I should. my hands do get very dry and cracked and "tired" looking, i bet that would help.

I started using gloves about 1yr ago and will never go without them ever again! I can wash with much hotter water and my nails and hands are a wreck after. My are Wegmans brand and they do come in sizes. I have a sz small as I have tiny, kid size hands.

I hang mine on the faucet or just rest them along the back of the faucet between the sink and backsplash. I guess I'm lucky that they don't get wet sitting there.

ett
01-05-2015, 05:06 PM
I won't wash dishes without gloves either. I just drape them on the side of the sink.

mikala
01-05-2015, 05:16 PM
I drape mine over the partition between our sinks. I won't wash dishes without gloves and I won't wear wet gloves so DH moves them to the counter if he uses the sink. He doesn't like to look at my gloves either but prefers that to having to do the dishes himself. ;)
:Yeahthat: mine dry on the edge of the sink and then I move them to an under sink rack like pp mentioned once they are dry or at least past the drippy stage. I started using them a few years ago and am a convert. My hands don't get as chapped and on the rare occasions I wear nail polish it lasts a lot longer. I can also use hotter water than normally feels comfortable on my wimpy hands

amm40
01-05-2015, 08:32 PM
Slight hijack, I put on handcream or coconut oil before putting on the gloves. Like a spa treatment while I wash dishes! Then they go in a basket under the sink. They dry just fine there, but I only use them about twice a week.

specialp
01-05-2015, 08:53 PM
Do they dry this way? What about any water dripping off the gloves?

They dry fine. Like pp, I let them dry a bit on the sink partition for a bit and then move them. I do not use them daily, but have never had a problem.

hellokitty
01-05-2015, 08:54 PM
I use a plastic clip, kind of like a clothes spin to clip one side of each glove together at the cuffs and then drape over the neck of our kitchen sink. Not attractive, but it works.

WatchingThemGrow
01-05-2015, 09:44 PM
DH just tosses them under the cabinet. I'm totally going to get him those 3M clips, though. Genius!

urbanmommy
01-05-2015, 09:50 PM

I've tried quite a few different kinds and these are my favorite : http://casabella.com/water-stop-all-purpose-gloves-set-of-2/

I have tiny hands and these are small enough in the small size that I don't feel like I'm wearing plastic bags on my hands. I usually buy them at whole foods or on Amazon. A pair will typically last me 4-6 months.

candaceb
01-05-2015, 10:18 PM
I absolutely cannot wash dishes without gloves. I have horrible eczema and I will wake up itching in the middle of the night if my hands touch dish soap.
We have one of those little tilting drawer/racks right in front of the sink, and I hang my gloves on that. I can't stand it when the gloves are wet in the inside and DH is bound to get them wet if I have them anywhere else.
I also use the Casabella gloves linked above, but I am really concerned because they seem to be OOS everywhere right now. I hope it is just a temporary issue and they are not discontinued! I usually get them on Amazon for around $8-9.

nfceagles
01-06-2015, 12:07 AM
I absolutely cannot wash dishes without gloves. I have horrible eczema and I will wake up itching in the middle of the night if my hands touch dish soap.
We have one of those little tilting drawer/racks right in front of the sink, and I hang my gloves on that. I can't stand it when the gloves are wet in the inside and DH is bound to get them wet if I have them anywhere else.
I also use the Casabella gloves linked above, but I am really concerned because they seem to be OOS everywhere right now. I hope it is just a temporary issue and they are not discontinued! I usually get them on Amazon for around $8-9.

You and me both! I also have a tilting drawer in front of the sink that I use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mommy_Mea
01-06-2015, 02:02 PM
I hang mine in the cabinet under the sink, using a "s" shaped hook that hangs on the top of the door. I use a clothes pin to hold them together.

My hands get painfully cracked during the winter, so gloves are a must. I just bought a random pair from CVS...

keh602
01-06-2015, 02:20 PM

I did some searching last night, and someone posted on Casabella's Facebook page that they had called the company and were told that the gloves should be in stock in February.

lmwbasye
01-07-2015, 04:53 AM
I'm another one who uses the 3M clips inside the door under the kitchen sink. I have two so they hang individually. Works great for me. :)

kristenk
01-09-2015, 03:53 PM
For anyone looking for the Casabella gloves, I found some at The Container Store today.

twowhat?
01-10-2015, 11:59 PM
I just drape them over the front edge of the sink. I also cannot wash dishes without gloves!! Plus it also lets you use much hotter water if you do any hand washing.

I LOVE the idea of putting on coconut oil or some other heavy hand cream before doing a big load of dishes!!! But doesn't that break down the gloves faster (oil + rubber)?

I use Playtex gloves (the purple ones) because they come in size small and fit my hands great.

If we have guests over, then I'll drape them over the edge of a basket that is in the cabinet under the sink. But I wash dishes frequently enough that it's WAY more convenient to leave the gloves out!

Ceepa
01-12-2015, 07:50 PM
Now I want gloves. My hands get very dry after washing dishes.