PDA

View Full Version : TEA Collection addition 40% off sale prices

FTMLuc
01-13-2015, 12:21 PM
Just received an email from them. Some of the prices are lower then the pre-Christmas sale plus 40% off.

jenrub
01-13-2015, 12:58 PM
Thanks! I've been stalking the site since I missed the addtl 20% off sale.

anonomom
01-13-2015, 01:57 PM
Thank you! I loved this past collection. I got some dresses for DD2, and dirt-cheap leggings.

Of course, now I have to ask -- I haven't bought any Tea since probably 2010. How is the quality/fit these days? Back then, I seem to recall needing to buy 1 or 2 sizes big for my (small for her age) DD. Does it still run small? I ordered large just in case.

Snow mom
01-13-2015, 02:38 PM
Thank you! I loved this past collection. I got some dresses for DD2, and dirt-cheap leggings.

Of course, now I have to ask -- I haven't bought any Tea since probably 2010. How is the quality/fit these days? Back then, I seem to recall needing to buy 1 or 2 sizes big for my (small for her age) DD. Does it still run small? I ordered large just in case.
I'd say it runs pretty TTS these days. If anything they've overcompensated and it runs just slightly large. We generally wear the same size tea as most brands though.

miallen22074
01-13-2015, 08:11 PM
Thanks!

citymama
01-14-2015, 03:57 AM
Man, this is hard to sit out at these prices! I may have to buy gifts because I LOVE Tea and my girls won't wear dresses any more - they just gather dust in their closet.

viba424
01-14-2015, 10:20 PM
Thanks for posting! I am noticing quite a large amount of people complaining about the quality this season. Troubling if they are cheaping on some of their quality. Still gonna order some pants for DS!

MaiseyDog
01-15-2015, 12:26 PM
I did order a few things, but wanted to comment on the quality this year. I really do feel that the quality has gone down. I pulled out some winter clothes for DD2 that I had packed away from DD1. The tea stuff that ordered for DD1 several years ago is much better than what I have gotten this season for DD2 - Thicker material, stronger seams, better overall feel. I also find that the sizing has changed. i have always really liked Tea Collection because their clothes, particularly their leggings ran slim and for my DDs that are skinny minnies with no butts, I needed that. The last pair of leggings I bought for DD2 fell off her when she tried them on, but the ones from 3 years ago that are the same size fit perfectly. I realize the older ones have been washed repeatedly and shrunk some, but the difference was significant. I get that the sizing has been a deterent for folks in the past, but there are so few options that I have found that fit my girls that I am really dissapointed to see these changes.

RoxanneC
01-15-2015, 04:02 PM
I did order a few things, but wanted to comment on the quality this year. I really do feel that the quality has gone down. I pulled out some winter clothes for DD2 that I had packed away from DD1. The tea stuff that ordered for DD1 several years ago is much better than what I have gotten this season for DD2 - Thicker material, stronger seams, better overall feel. I also find that the sizing has changed. i have always really liked Tea Collection because their clothes, particularly their leggings ran slim and for my DDs that are skinny minnies with no butts, I needed that. The last pair of leggings I bought for DD2 fell off her when she tried them on, but the ones from 3 years ago that are the same size fit perfectly. I realize the older ones have been washed repeatedly and shrunk some, but the difference was significant. I get that the sizing has been a deterent for folks in the past, but there are so few options that I have found that fit my girls that I am really dissapointed to see these changes.

I agree about the quality. Its unfortunate because the styles are so cute! At this price I just buy it for the style and the ease in having a quick go to outfit that looks cute (but doesn't really last...). I've noticed a lot of the items are made in China now. Those tend to be the thinest material. The ones that are made in Vietnam or Thailand are slightly better but they still don't have the thickness of years past.

That's been the way of many clothes of late...I would say the last few years clothes in general are getting flimsier.

viba424
01-16-2015, 08:37 AM
I do love tea for DS, not so much DD. Got DS about a half dozen pants and sweats, a pair of shorts, one l/s tee, and a sweatshirt for DD, all in the next size up. Bit the bullet for 3-5 day shipping which is usually against my religion. $120 all in, not bad. Could have gotten to $150 to get f/s but chose to refrain. Boden pants give DS "dumpy butt". Love tea on him and $11 each is a steal.

tarnator
01-16-2015, 12:20 PM
I tried to make a cart. But stopped myself before hitting send.... I didn't love the Germany line and my kids don't 'need' anything.

I just have a hard time resisting good sale prices! (Kinda proud of myself for backing away...) LOL! :)

citymama
01-16-2015, 02:17 PM
I paid much more for dresses for my kids from the Germany line last fall - i love them but my kids won't wear them. I've concluded that much as i love tea, for some reason my kids don't, and even at $8 for adorable dresses, it isn't worth it.