PDA

View Full Version : Britax Highback Boosters?? Advice needed.

DAndrews3645
01-18-2015, 11:26 AM
I am thinking of transitioning my 3 y/o to a Britax highback booster. I think I like the Frontier, Pioneer, or Pinnacle. Any advice??

Also, where can I get the best price?

Thanks

lovemydeals
01-18-2015, 01:49 PM
This is just my opinion, but I would not transition a 3 year old into a high back booster, even if they fit the weight requirement. I do not believe they have the maturity to sit properly and make sure the seatbelt is positioned properly. Keep in mind, in an accident, the only thing holding your child in is a seatbelt and if it is not on them properly, they will get injured. In addition, if a child is too small, there is a risk they will simply slide underneath the seatbelt, which is called submarining. The best seat is a 5 point harness.

That being said, we have the frontier and love it. It works a five point harness and when we are ready, we can transition to a highback booster. The only negative is that it is a pain to install via seatbelt. We do not use latch we are over the weight limit for the latch in our car.

MSWR0319
01-18-2015, 01:59 PM
The Frontier or Pinnacle would be your best choice. You need to keep her harnessed as long as you can. We have an older Frontier and a new click tight Pinnacle. I LOVE the new click tight system. It is so easy to install with a seat belt now vs the problems pp mentioned. It is such a solid fit it's unreal!

ckso
01-18-2015, 02:07 PM
Another vote for the frontier

lauren3110
01-18-2015, 02:42 PM
Some lucky people have been finding several models on clearance at target this week

JanBaby
01-18-2015, 09:42 PM
We put DD in a Frontier when she was 3 1/2 or 4 but she was harnessed until about a week ago. I loved the Frontier as a harnessed seat but I'm finding the belted version not as great. The seat belt doesn't retract as well as I wished it did so I have to kind of thread it back through, if that makes sense. Maybe that's normal for belted HBB's, I'm not sure. Otherwise it's a great seat.

7pages
01-18-2015, 10:12 PM
^^ I agree. Frontier is great harnessed but a royal pain with the seatbelt. It would always lock up and I would almost have to lift that super heavy seat and manipulate it to free it from the belt and then start over! This was happening at least once a week! I replaced it with a grace turbo booster HBB and no more problems!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lovemydeals
01-19-2015, 09:01 AM
We put DD in a Frontier when she was 3 1/2 or 4 but she was harnessed until about a week ago. I loved the Frontier as a harnessed seat but I'm finding the belted version not as great. The seat belt doesn't retract as well as I wished it did so I have to kind of thread it back through, if that makes sense. Maybe that's normal for belted HBB's, I'm not sure. Otherwise it's a great seat.

Wow, we never had a problem using our frontier as a high back booster. Our Compass B570 was a different story. The seatbelt would tangle and not retract as well. Plus the seat base was right where the seat belt connector was, so it was always difficult to buckle.

keckert
01-19-2015, 09:20 AM
I don't have any advice on the Britax but I know here in CT kids have to be 4 to be in a booster. I have the Graco Nautilus which can be used with the harness to 60lbs and then converts to a booster.

DAndrews3645
01-19-2015, 11:45 AM
I'm definitely planning on using the 5 pt harness for a long time! Any idea who has the frontier or pinnacle at a good price? (Either the 2014 or 2015 editions, seeing that the 2013 editions didn't get as great reviews )