PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Training

KrystalS
01-21-2015, 09:32 PM
Is Jedi Training fun if you aren't a big Star Wars fan? DS has never seen Star Wars, but we are going to show it to him before our trip. I guess what he thinks will make a big difference if we do Jedi Training. DH and I like Star Wars but are not big fans at all. Is this a worthwhile attraction or should we just skip it and spend our time on other attractions?

This is also totally unrelated but has anyone toured HS then left in the afternoon and returned for Fantasmic? We will have an early morning the next day so I'm debating if we should go to Fantasmic on the night before we are having a lazy day.

Cam&Clay
01-21-2015, 09:40 PM
DS2 did Jedi Training a few weeks ago. He loves Star Wars and has seen all but #3. I honestly cannot see a child enjoying it without knowing the history behind Padawan training, the Dark Side, etc. They get to fight Darth Vader individually. It was a big deal for DS2!

We have never seen Fantasmic.

Indianamom2
01-21-2015, 10:12 PM
Our Ds did this when he was 4 and it was a highlight for him/us, but he loves all things Star Wars and so he truly believes he fought Darth Vader and won. (He was the tiniest little shrimp of a kid there...all the robes were too long/big for him, but he had his face painted like Darth Maul earlier in the day and he was fierce! He kind of stole the show because of his size and the way the host interacted with him. It was hilarious.)

That being said, if your son/family doesn't have any real interest...it's a hard thing to get into and then you kind of have to plan your whole day around it. We went in knowing this and ended up not getting in the first time, but making it the second time we tried.

KrystalS
01-21-2015, 10:33 PM
Ok good to know. I'm going to let DS watch the movie this weekend and see what he thinks. He always wants to play with the light sabers at Target and he loves stuff like that. We just aren't big fans so he has never seen the movie.

This is our 3rd trip and DD is older so we really don't care much about the stage shows because we have seen them. Only planning to see Disney Jr and Stunt show, DS does want to meet a lot of characters here so that will take time, but I feel like we won't have much going on this day.

ckso
02-02-2015, 06:52 PM
DD knows nothing of Star Wars when she did it at 5 last year and still had a lot of fun. She thought it was cool to learn the fight moves and to fight the "bad" guy and win. My friends' 3 year old daughter did it too and had a blast.

We didn't make a special plan around it though so I don't know if I would do that. We just happened to be in the area to get lunch and the show was starting and luckily got picked.

liz
02-03-2015, 09:49 AM
We had our 3 DS sign up for Jedi Training and it was CRAZY. People were running to the building where you sign up. We waited with many people about 1/2 hour before the park opened just to be close enough to the front to get a head start. The first opening was around 1pm (earlier slots were already filled up) but we chose 5pm because it worked better for us. Tons of people were turned away that day (and it was a partly rainy, low crowd day). I will say it was totally worth it for us since we all love Star Wars. I just think there needs to be a better way to get your kids signed up.

hellokitty
02-03-2015, 11:26 AM
I wouldn't go if he isn't into sw. So, we tried to go last wk. The word is out and we fricking wasted almost an hr standing in line to get a time (and yes, we headed straight for sign up at rope drop)... And then just as they started the show during our time slot it started to rain. So they canceled it, ugh! Ds1 and 2 got to do it last time. Ds3 wanted to do it really badly, and I feel badly for him. So they brought the kids into a special rm in star tours and they got to pose with Darth Vader for a pic. That was it. I was so annoyed this time. The wait in line was so long and they make you come back 30 min before your time slot BC there is a wait list, so it's literally to make sure there aren't extra spoys. We wasted 2 hrs of our time on it and it did not seem worth it to me. Why they can't make this FP, I don't understand. We could have run to toy story mania at rope drop instead, which is what I'd do, since our FP inkynlet us ride it once without a long line.

We left the park had an early dinner and came back for fantasmic. It worked out well, but you need to get there a minimum of 45 min before fantasmic starts to get a seat. Bring glow sticks, so you don't have to buy some light up toys. And snacks too.

MSWR0319
02-05-2015, 04:26 PM
DS just did it last week and he knows nothing about Star Wars. He LOVED it. He came home and has been doing all the moves with his light saber that he built. We went straight there at rope drop and was in the 11:50 show. We could have signed up for all but the first show, but had to do that one because of breakfast. If you take a left at your first opportunity and walk by the pond, you can get there faster than walking all the way up by where the hat was before you turn. I think we waited about 15 minutes if that, but I"m not sure when you are going to know ho crowded it will be.

keh602
02-05-2015, 04:43 PM
We have not done the Jedi Training yet, but I wanted to say that my kids became big Star Wars fans through books long before they ever saw a movie or show. They've only seen episodes 4 and 5, and that was within the last year or so. They've also become big Star Wars Rebels fans. DH is a HUGE SW fan. HUGE. So he started reading books to them years ago, and that's how they grew to love the characters. :)