PDA

View Full Version : Which App to use at Disney World? Disney Experience or Lines"?

magnoliaparadise
01-21-2015, 10:34 PM
Hi,
We are new at planning a Disney World trip and have heard two different views about the apps to put on our phone and follow closely.
A lot of people suggest 'My Disney Experience', the Disney-official app which has exact times, etc. Others swear by "Lines", which apparently is the product of the Unofficial Guide to Disney People (who also do the TourGuides web - not sure if I have that title right). Those people say that the Lines app is able to optimize what you should see in what order at any given second - they say that they hit a button 'optimize' and basically go to short lines, etc.
I'd love to hear what people think and which they use.
Thank you.

egoldber
01-21-2015, 11:00 PM
You need the My Disney Experience app if you want to modify your FP+ reservations in the park.

Globetrotter
01-22-2015, 01:44 AM
We used both. The MDE app allows you to change fastpasses so it's a must. The lines app is awesome!

123LuckyMom
01-22-2015, 10:50 AM
You need both, because they do different things. You'll use the Disney app to change fast passes. You'll use the lines app to create and continually modify touring plans.

magnoliaparadise
01-25-2015, 02:03 PM
Thank you! These are very helpful suggestions.

One quick question - I thought we had to go to a 'booth' to change fast passes and could not just do it on our app. You can change fast passes on an app?

Thank you!

Globetrotter
01-25-2015, 03:00 PM
You can alter them either way. The booths can get crowded, but the wifi might be slow, too. Just try the app first because them you have control and can redo it if needed on your own.

egoldber
01-25-2015, 03:58 PM
The first THREE fastpasses can be made or modified on your phone with the MDE app. For additional fastpasses or modifications, you need to go to a kiosk.

magnoliaparadise
02-08-2015, 01:33 PM
Hi,
Just saw this now. When you say first THREE fastpasses, you mean the ones that I had the ability to make 60 days before my trip (since we are staying on Disney property - 30 days if we were not), right?
Thanks.

WatchingThemGrow
02-08-2015, 02:13 PM
Wait, you can go to a kiosk and get more fast passes after the 3 you get ahead of time? How does that work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

magnoliaparadise
02-08-2015, 02:26 PM
Hi,
You get 3 fast passes each day per person that you can sign up for in advance.
Then, once used, you can go to a kiosk (and I am gathering NOT do this on your iphone app) and sign up for another 3 fast passes. Once those are done, you can do that again.

KrisM
02-08-2015, 02:42 PM
Hi,
You get 3 fast passes each day per person that you can sign up for in advance.
Then, once used, you can go to a kiosk (and I am gathering NOT do this on your iphone app) and sign up for another 3 fast passes. Once those are done, you can do that again.

I am pretty sure you only get 1 more after your first 3 are used. Once that new one is used, you can go get another. But, you don't get 3 more all at once.

nfceagles
02-08-2015, 02:57 PM
After your first 3 are used you can get additional FPs 1 at a time at a kiosk. Once you get the FP from the kiosk you can make changes to it on your phone though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

magnoliaparadise
02-08-2015, 03:03 PM
oh, ok, thanks for clarifying!