PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone done Target pick up in store?

JustMe
01-25-2015, 01:14 PM
My local Target tends to be disorganized. I looked on-line and they have a cd that my dd wants for her birthday in stock. Looks like I can order to pick up in the store, but its not a problem for me to just go get it from the cd section either. I feel like who knows if they would actually get it done or not...anyone have any experience doing this with Target?

atx
01-25-2015, 01:16 PM
I've done it for diapers and it was fine but I would imagine it would be annoying if customer service was busy and you had to wait a long time.

pastrygirl
01-25-2015, 01:28 PM
I've done it. It's fine most of the time, but I have had to wait a long time because only one person/register could do it, and the person in front of me took 20+ minutes before I gave up waiting. I grabbed the items from the toy area myself and bought them in a regular line, then canceled my store pick-up order.

ahisma
01-25-2015, 01:52 PM
I've done it and it's been fine. You need to show your ID when you get there.

Tondi G
01-25-2015, 04:24 PM
We did in store pick up for a Xbox one at Christmas time. The process was fine, they had it waiting for me when I got there. The only downside was that the box was crushed on one corner and ripped a little and I asked them to please get me one that was suitable to be given as a gift. This one looked bad and considering it was an electronic item, I wasn't willing to take the chance that it had been dropped or something. They weren't thrilled that I asked for another, but they did send someone to bring up a replacement and everything was fine.

I agree with Pastrygirl that because you have to go to customer service, it could take longer than just going to the section and checking out on your own since they don't always have more than one or 2 people dealing with the CS line.

JustMe
01-25-2015, 04:32 PM
Thanks everyone! I will just get it myself!

belovedgandp
01-25-2015, 06:40 PM
Yes, it works, but if you have confidence it will be on the shelf, then just get it yourself.

I did it for one of the pre-Black Friday deals that you had to for the price. And then when it was a hard to find item and I wasn't going to get to the Target that was farther away for a day or so and wanted it held.

Both times it was much more complicated than I felt like it should be. Finding the correct person to assist at customer service; waiting in a long line, just general confusion.

jvs195
01-25-2015, 08:39 PM
I did it at Christmas with an item that was selling out. It took forever (they have one tablet to do the lookup on) and finally the girl asked what it was and found the item in a hold bin. She let me go and said she'd finish the checkout when it came up. I got a cancellation notice (that I had never picked it up) 2 days later.
For that reason I avoided using it this week as I saw what I wanted was available for pickup so I tried all 3 stores in my area but could not find what I was looking for (or anyone to help go find it in back). I finally ordered for pickup and had no idssues this time. I guess it just depends...

ellas_mom
01-25-2015, 08:39 PM
I've used this pick up instore feature many times at my Target without any problems. My local store tends to run out of stock many things so I find this feature convenient so that I don't have to drive to the store and not be able to find what I'm looking for.

ckso
01-25-2015, 08:41 PM
I did and honestly won't do it again unless I know I won't be able to get it off the shelves. My targets customer service line is super long And they take forever to find it/process it.

I have seen several people complain while in line. Mostly people who bought something and then decided they didn't like it for some reason after seeing it. Somehow they have problems with canceling it or returning it? Go figure.

kboyle
01-26-2015, 12:17 PM
I did it with all my black fri shopping order. We were out of town so I shopped duringour 4 hr drive home and when we got off freeway I was able to p/u all the stuff I purchased without any of the BF hassel! The electric blanket I did order was incorrect, they actually gave me the more expensive one but I didn't realize it till after Xmas when I finally used it. I just thought they gave me a different print but it also had Sherpa where the one I got didn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emily_gracesmama
01-26-2015, 10:36 PM
It sucks to be honest. I did it for a gift and they can't print a gift receipt for you when you pick it up. The game they had set aside for us was already opened and the box was beat up and when hubby tried to go find another in the store to exchange it, they didn't have any others. Also apparently they can't process a return for 24 hrs when it's a pickup so he had to bring home the bashed in game which we returned later.

01-27-2015, 01:09 AM
I did it once where an item I wanted was discounted online but not in the store. I also do it for shoes since the kids shoe section is so disorganized that half the time I can't find what I'm looking for even when it says its in stock. I've never had to wait long and its always been easy.

ckso
01-27-2015, 01:55 AM
It sucks to be honest. I did it for a gift and they can't print a gift receipt for you when you pick it up. The game they had set aside for us was already opened and the box was beat up and when hubby tried to go find another in the store to exchange it, they didn't have any others. Also apparently they can't process a return for 24 hrs when it's a pickup so he had to bring home the bashed in game which we returned later.

That's it!! I think that's the complaint I hear all the time. Someone picks up something and then decides that it's not right and didn't want it anymore. They can't process returns right away

The weird thing is that if you don't pick up, they cancel the order anyways. So why can't they process it as a no show or something.?

pastrygirl
01-27-2015, 09:40 AM
Meanwhile, I was able to cancel when I got there to pick up. They hadn't gotten it out for me yet, because the register couldn't do the pickup but could do the cancelation. (I posted above that it was faster for me to get the product off the shelves and get into a regular line, so that's what I did.)

Pear
01-27-2015, 09:44 AM
I did it at xmas and regretted my choice. The item I purchased was much cheaper Asa store pickup than in store so I figured I would be at customer service getting a price match anyway.the problem with store pickup was that there was 1 tablet to process people, the hold area was apparently a disorganized mess, and 75-% of the people in the long customer service line were doing store pickup.

I might do it again not near a holiday if I was able to get to the store at a non peak time.

carolinacool
01-27-2015, 10:03 AM
I did it for a pair of boots about 10 days before Christmas and it was fine. Customer service was already getting busy, but they had set up a separate line for pickup. I was the only person in that line, and one of the CS people came over to help. She found it fairly quickly and I was one my way.