PDA

View Full Version : Shoes for WDW - but not flip flops

kristenk
01-28-2015, 11:12 PM
We'll be at WDW in late April/early May. I have plenty of time to break some shoes in!

Any recommendations for a good Disney shoe? I don't really like open toed sandals or flip flops (I'll wear flip flops to and from pool/beach but not much else). I'm good with openings anywhere else on the shoe, lol, but I just don't like my toes exposed! Any ideas?

lalasmama
01-29-2015, 12:23 AM
I'm fairly boring with this! I wear my normal (newly-bought) Nike running shoes. Occasionally, I wear a thick flip-flop foam-wedge-type shoe when I know I'm going to be doing Grizzly River Run (Disney California Adventure's version of Kali River Rapids, I think the WDW version is called) multiple times. But, mostly, it's my Nikes or whatever running-style shoe I have at the moment. I always try to buy a new pair a few weeks before my trip.

I know people on the DIS always recommend Crocs. My husband has "outlawed" them for our family (he hates the look of them), but if you bought a non-lined version, they would dry out quickly after wet rides!

123LuckyMom
01-29-2015, 12:58 PM
I wear my sneakers for Disney and bring water shoes for wet rides. We've always had a stroller to store stuff like that in. I don't know what I'll do once we don't have a stroller, because wet shoes for four people would be annoying to carry! I really need the cushy soles of sneakers for all that walking and standing, and my feet do better with socks when it's hot. I get terrible blisters without them.

Indianamom2
01-29-2015, 01:00 PM
I have incredibly fussy feet with nerve damage in one. Most shoes simply do not work for me. But I have to say that the Sketchers Go Walk 2 - Supersock is the most comfortable shoe, right out of the box, that I have ever worn and I can walk all day in them with nothing rubbing or hurting. I haven't actually tried them at Disney, but they would be first choice. They are incredibly lightweight and they would dry WAY faster than a traditional tennis shoe. I even wear them around the house, when I would normally go barefoot.

http://www.zappos.com/skechers-performance-go-walk-2-supersock-hot-pink

belovedgandp
01-29-2015, 01:56 PM
I wear my walking/tennis shoes. I do take two pairs though. Even the most comfortable shoes don't do great after several days in a row.

I love Keens for short amusement park trips at home, but they do not have enough support for my feet for more than a 6 hour day.

kdeunc
01-29-2015, 02:00 PM
I have worn my crocs and my keens. I hate walking around in a running shoe all day. It makes my feet hot. My kids generally do crocs.

anonomom
01-29-2015, 02:01 PM
I wear Crocs at Disney (well, honestly, I wear crocs almost all of the time anyway). They are comfortable, cool, they dry out very quickly and if they're broken in they usually don't rub. The only time I ever had a problem with them was on an August trip, when it was so hot and humid that I got blisters. But you should be fine in the springtime.

SummerBaby
01-29-2015, 09:49 PM
I actually wore Olukai flip flops at Disney (I hate having hot feet). But if I didn't wear flip flops my first choice would be the Sketchers Go Walk mentioned by PP. They are wonderful!!!

I have incredibly fussy feet with nerve damage in one. Most shoes simply do not work for me. But I have to say that the Sketchers Go Walk 2 - Supersock is the most comfortable shoe, right out of the box, that I have ever worn and I can walk all day in them with nothing rubbing or hurting. I haven't actually tried them at Disney, but they would be first choice. They are incredibly lightweight and they would dry WAY faster than a traditional tennis shoe. I even wear them around the house, when I would normally go barefoot.

http://www.zappos.com/skechers-performance-go-walk-2-supersock-hot-pink

kristenk
01-29-2015, 11:38 PM
Thanks for the replies! I think I'm going to go check out the Sketchers Go Walk. They sound fabulous! :)

ahisma
01-29-2015, 11:49 PM
We're going in a few days and I haven't thought about shoes for me, just the kids. I think I'm going to bring my Chaco sandals. You don't need closed toes shoes, do you?

kristenk
01-29-2015, 11:51 PM
We're going in a few days and I haven't thought about shoes for me, just the kids. I think I'm going to bring my Chaco sandals. You don't need closed toes shoes, do you?

No, you don't need them. I'm just anti-closed toe shoes!

essnce629
01-30-2015, 02:40 AM
Another vote for the Sketchers Go Walk 2. They were one of the pairs of shoes I brought on our 3 week Greece/Rome trip this past summer and I wore them the entire time in Rome. Lots of walking there.

In Greece it was too hot for closed toed shoes so I pretty much wore my Orthaheel (now Vionic) Julie sandals the whole time. They were extremely comfortable as well.
http://www.amazon.com/Vionic-Orthaheel-Technology-Womens-Sandal/dp/B00DZPVEWU