PDA

View Full Version : Target Red Card- Debit

Amy G
02-02-2015, 12:45 PM
Does the debit card also give you 5% off everything, like gift cards?

Amy G
02-02-2015, 12:49 PM
So it really just connects to your checking account? Anything else that I need to know about that? What is the benefit to Target by me having their debit card?

Mikey0709
02-02-2015, 12:58 PM
I believe you also get free shipping on their website - - with no minimum. (Though i find their shipping SLOW!)

kdeunc
02-02-2015, 12:59 PM
I have the debit card. You get 5% and free shipping. I like mine.

jennilynn
02-02-2015, 01:25 PM
Does the debit card also give you 5% off everything, like gift cards?

The discount doesn't work on gift cards. But it works on just about everything else. I believe the benefit for them is that you'll spend more $$ at Target! I've had the debit card since they came out and love it. But we buy most of our groceries and home stuff there.

azzeps
02-02-2015, 02:01 PM
I was slow to convert to the Target Red Card (debit) and then when I did it, I wondered why I hadn't done it sooner. The 5% adds up quickly, if you're in there as much as I am. The benefit to Target is that they know exactly what you buy. But I don't mind that. I am still buying some diapers for my son for nights, so I still get the baby coupon books... I get other coupons from them in the mail. That's about it. Oh, and the free shipping from Target.com is great! Anyway, I do like it. What made me cave and do it was when I bought my mom her ipad and stood to save a sizeable chunk on it. Oh, and it doesn't work on Target gift cards, but it does work on the gift cards they sell to other places, like I bought some for my nieces for Disneyland, and they sell a bunch. At least I think it still works on those gift cards.

candaceb
02-02-2015, 02:12 PM
Another thing that Target gets from.it is that they don't have to pay credit card fees. I have had one since they came out with the debit option and have saved hundreds of dollars. I do a lot of my grocery shopping there. I also get prescriptions at their pharmacy and get the extra 5% discount coupons.

Amy G
02-02-2015, 03:02 PM
Thank you everyone! I will apply later today. My main reason for wanting to do this is the Disney gift cards. :)

Amy G
02-02-2015, 04:14 PM
I did it, I can't wait for my card!

crunchy
02-02-2015, 04:32 PM
Target with the red debit card is my favorite ATM. :p my bank only allows my check card to be run as a credit And their ATMs aren't convenient. I'm at target often enough that I just get cash there when I need it.

pjsmom30
02-02-2015, 07:18 PM
PLus they donate $$ to your local school for every transaction you make.

SnuggleBuggles
02-02-2015, 10:05 PM
Seeing how they had a big security breech, I was glad my checking account info wasn't linked to my card. I just have a plain Redcard.

AngB
02-02-2015, 10:12 PM
Seeing how they had a big security breech, I was glad my checking account info wasn't linked to my card. I just have a plain Redcard.

Yes, this is the reason I have stayed away from the debit card.