PDA

View Full Version : ruum.com going out of business 85% off

crunchy
02-02-2015, 08:42 PM
Ruum (kids version of American Eagle) has 85% off. There's not much left, but underwear as low as $0.44. Toddler shoes as low as $1.60.

Code WELCOME15 still working.

Shipping is $7.

chlobo
02-02-2015, 08:49 PM
I thought only the stores were going out of business? Is the online presence going too?

Mommy_Mea
02-02-2015, 09:00 PM
Wow, that didn't take long, I remember going to the closing sale for AE Kids when it switched to Rumm just a few years ago!

I thought only the stores were going out of business? Is the online presence going too?

P.S. for Aeropostale closed their physical stores recently and is keeping an online presence, so that might be what you are thinking of...

Green_Tea
02-02-2015, 11:03 PM
The RUUM in our mall just closed but as recently as two weeks ago they were saying that the online presence would stay the same. I'm bummed as my kids really liked their clothes. Our Lord & Taylor also sells the brand (at least for the time being...)

crunchy
02-02-2015, 11:14 PM
I heard only B&M too, but the site says Final Sale, 85% off, and is pretty sparse.

Still-in-Shock
02-04-2015, 01:46 PM
I found Ruum recently, and I was so happy to find a brand that DS could wear that wasn't as expensive at the big names, but more durable than the clothes at BRU. Now I am stocking up on everything in the toddler boys dept, and checking with my sister to see what my nephew could us from the boys dept. Sigh.

Thanks for the tip. I like spending $40 for over $250 worth of clothes, but I wish that the company wasn't going away.

keckert
02-04-2015, 04:11 PM
Thanks OP.

Grabbed a bunch of girls XL/XXL for my daughter's.

NCGrandma
02-04-2015, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the heads-up and the discount code -- can't believe they're still honoring that. Definitely very picked over but I found several things for both DGDs. No experience with Ruum but for $14 for 7 items (plus shipping), I figure we can't lose!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Still-in-Shock
02-04-2015, 08:47 PM
Just bought a bunch of stuff here. It took a long time, with the website saying it couldn't process my credit card (!!!!!). Once I deleted the coupon code, it went straight through. Not sure why, but I still saved a lot of money.

Mommy_Mea
02-05-2015, 08:43 AM
BTW, there is some super cheap RUUM stuff on Amazon. Very limited sizing, but another place to look, and no $75+ for free shipping (although some are add-on items).

calebsmama03
02-05-2015, 11:30 AM
Anyone have experience with their shoes? A few pairs available in sizes we could use but not sure how they are, size and quality wise.

div_0305
02-05-2015, 12:27 PM
I think they might just be clearing out all their old stock, as I got a popup asking me to signup for their brand new line of clothes coming out.

calebsmama03
02-06-2015, 07:36 PM
I think they might just be clearing out all their old stock, as I got a popup asking me to signup for their brand new line of clothes coming out.

Yes, I just went back to try to decide whether to order and the site is down, cart deactivated and a message they will be "right back" with a bigger better store.

NCGrandma
02-06-2015, 08:39 PM
Yes, I just went back to try to decide whether to order and the site is down, cart deactivated and a message they will be "right back" with a bigger better store.

And ... there is no way to track the status of an order other than calling CS. Doesn't look like my order has hit my credit card yet. Shall we start a betting pool on whether any of us will see our orders?

The message on their site refers to "new ownership" but "same design team."

ETA: I was wrong -- there is a pending charge on my credit card (I had just checked the wrong card...) so I still haven't given up hope.

KrystalS
02-06-2015, 08:50 PM
I hope they change the name. I love the clothes but hate the name Ruum being on my kids clothes. I bought a ton of stuff when 77kids closed and DS is still wearing it. Great quality especially for how cheap I got everything!

crunchy
02-07-2015, 11:33 AM
Well, that's a relief. I'm glad I was mistaken.

My order should be in USPS today- though only 11/14 items shipped.

NCGrandma
02-09-2015, 03:15 PM
Has anyone actually received their Ruum order? There is now a Customer Care Chat window on their 'coming soon' so I used that to ask about my order. Here's the reply I received: I am sorry, the order has not been shipped yet as the items seem to be all out of stock. We are still checking all our warehouse locations and will let you know if we can ship anything.

Oh well, guess it was too good to be true!!

stillplayswithbarbies
02-09-2015, 04:38 PM
I received one item so far, a belt. I sure hope that I didn't just pay $7 shipping on an 85 cent belt!!

NCGrandma
02-09-2015, 07:17 PM
I received one item so far, a belt. I sure hope that I didn't just pay $7 shipping on an 85 cent belt!!

Yikes -- I didn't think of that! Maybe I should hope they really can't fill any of my order!

lele
02-10-2015, 02:00 PM
I ordered a day or so before this was posted and got my stuff today. It was all 3 things I ordered, thankfully. The invoice does not say Ruum on it, it says "Justice & Brothers"

keckert
02-10-2015, 02:01 PM
My entire order was canceled according to the chat box. :(

div_0305
02-10-2015, 03:19 PM
I hope they change the name. I love the clothes but hate the name Ruum being on my kids clothes. I bought a ton of stuff when 77kids closed and DS is still wearing it. Great quality especially for how cheap I got everything!

Ditto!:yeahthat:

KrystalS
02-10-2015, 04:01 PM
I ordered a day or so before this was posted and got my stuff today. It was all 3 things I ordered, thankfully. The invoice does not say Ruum on it, it says "Justice & Brothers"

I wonder if this means Justice bought them out. DD wears Justice a lot but I don't really like Brothers. Maybe as DS gets older. Ruum was one place I actually liked for him.