PDA

View Full Version : When do you switch your wardrobe to spring colors?

Simon
02-03-2015, 02:24 PM
We're still deep in winter here, but all the stores have their spring lines in place. I know a lot of BBBers live in warmer climates, but I am curious when people start to turn their wardrobe over to spring colors.

Do you just change colors or also styles, if you change before the weather turns?

What are your favorite spring colors this year? I'd like to freshen up my wardrobe a bit.

SnuggleBuggles
02-03-2015, 02:40 PM
Usually when the weather turns but I kind of just do it when I feel like it. Sometimes I need spring colors sooner doors open

wendibird22
02-03-2015, 03:15 PM
Usually when the weather hits 50s consistently. I find most of the spring colors are also lighter fabrics or short sleeves and so I need the weather to not be a frozen tundra before I can make that switch.

pastrygirl
02-03-2015, 05:51 PM
I've never thought about it in terms of color; I wear any color any time. I think more of fabric weight (cable-knit sweaters vs. thinner ones) or the look (e.g., no more tall boots even if the weather is still cool enough). For me, it happens closer to May. We often still have snow in April.

sariana
02-03-2015, 05:55 PM
I live in Southern California, so I wear pretty much the same clothes year round. I do rotate whether the long-sleeved or the short-sleeved shirts are more accessible in the closet, but nothing ever gets moved out completely.

SnuggleBuggles
02-03-2015, 06:10 PM
I've never thought about it in terms of color; I wear any color any time. I think more of fabric weight (cable-knit sweaters vs. thinner ones) or the look (e.g., no more tall boots even if the weather is still cool enough). For me, it happens closer to May. We often still have snow in April.

That's usually what I think too. I'm especially picky about what shoes I wear when. :)

daisysmom
02-03-2015, 09:59 PM
I am in virginia. I feel like I shouldn't really complain about this winter because it is nothing, so far, like what we had for January last winter. But I am a spring/summer gal and the older I get, the more I have realized how symbolic seasonal change is for me. I also love the start if fall, and I adore the Halloween til Christmas season. But I really struggle in January and February. So I like this thread!

I went to college near where I live now and I distinctly remember being able to "lay out" in mid-march and having sunburns for st. Patrick's day. So for me, the turn to March (we have spring break staring in the 6th this year) is a shift for me. Yes, I do put away my heavier clothes and often am chilly in more of my three quarter tunics for March and April. I live in boots and booties all year except heat of summer but come March, try to banish tights. And I don't really wear black or brown - and wear a lot more colorful spring clothes.

lizzywednesday
02-21-2015, 11:54 AM
Usually when the weather hits 50s consistently. I find most of the spring colors are also lighter fabrics or short sleeves and so I need the weather to not be a frozen tundra before I can make that switch.

:yeahthat:

I agree - it's not just color for me, but fabric weight. And, well, I'm not about to layer a pair of tights & l/s tee under a sundress! (Reminds me too much of my grammar school jumper, and let me tell you, that was NOT a good look.)

Shoe-switch is a biggie for me, too. If it's warm enough and I'm going out with DH, I wear open-toed wedges, otherwise, I'm in sneakers & Danskos. (I just may be in a shoe rut.)

But, I have an addiction to saturated colors and bold patterns, so I wear those all year 'round if I can. The only thing I tend to skip are pastels and black; I feel like I look way too washed out in those. My "default neutral" is brown.

oneplustwo
02-21-2015, 10:22 PM
I'm a New Englander, born and bred. For spring and summer I switch to a softer shade of black. ;)

mikala
02-21-2015, 10:49 PM
I tend to gravitate towards the lighter, brighter colors starting in late February/March but keep wearing "winter" weight clothing until it consistently gets up to the 40s-50s outside. I usually swap out the wool sweaters, cords, etc. in April or early May. Like a pp said I also tend to wear boots less often and start to wear ballet flats and other footwear without socks as soon as its warm enough.

essnce629
02-22-2015, 12:31 AM
I live in Southern California, so I wear pretty much the same clothes year round. I do rotate whether the long-sleeved or the short-sleeved shirts are more accessible in the closet, but nothing ever gets moved out completely.

Yeah that!

mackmama
02-22-2015, 09:00 PM
I wear any color any time.