PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have this bounce house? Now 65% off - 69.98

Blakes Mommy
02-04-2015, 11:43 AM
I was a Toys R Us and they had this bounce house marked way down to 69.98, Although it may still show 129. on the shelf. There was a sign that said 69.98 and I even had them check for me...the sign I think said it was on sale all month for this price. It was originally 199.00. Mixed reviews but, for the price I am not expecting perfection. Thought we could use it inside especially when it's snowy/rainy. This is the older model and they have a newer model that is almost identical. They are both the super 8 from Step 2

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=20324456&cp=2255956.2273442.2255969.3130074.2257594&parentPage=family

Here is the "newer" model that is only on sale for 199.99....It doesn't seem that different and maybe Toys R Us just needs to clear the old model from the inventory.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=33256846&cp=2255956.2273442.2255969.3130074.2257594&parentPage=family

Blakes Mommy
02-04-2015, 12:10 PM
By the way don't trust the inventory checker...It said the store I was at had none and there were 4 on the shelf. I had them check inventory also at my closer store (Since I wanted to go home and think about it and read reviews, etc...) and they said the store closer to my house also had 4. Both stores are showing out of stock, but, they aren't. I had this happen with the Lego advent calendar as well. Everyone was showing out of stock, but, when I had customer service check on their internal system they could tell me which stores had them and how many they had. Hope this helps if anyone is looking for one. Just looked up that Step 2 stopped making bounce houses in 2010. Maybe they still make them for Toys R Us though.

abh5e8
02-04-2015, 12:12 PM
honestly, i would look for something bigger. we have this one

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3987665&cp=2255956.2273442.2255969.3130074.2257594&parentPage=family

and its ok for my kids now, but they are small. we put it in our family room on occasion or basement or outside. its not at all too big.

Blakes Mommy
02-04-2015, 01:11 PM
I know...it's probably not the greatest, but, I only have 2 kids and thought for 69 bucks if it only lasted a year or two so be it! Just wondered if anyone had feedback. I don't really need to get one....it was just one of those "it would be nice to have". Wasn't planning on using it outside at all.

liz
02-04-2015, 07:57 PM
I know...it's probably not the greatest, but, I only have 2 kids and thought for 69 bucks if it only lasted a year or two so be it! Just wondered if anyone had feedback. I don't really need to get one....it was just one of those "it would be nice to have". Wasn't planning on using it outside at all.

For that price I would buy it, even if the reviews were so-so. I bought a bigger bounce house(diff brand) and it only gets used outside. My kids have used it enough to justify the price I paid. Going to our local bounce place would cost me $12 per kid per visit (and it gets CRAZY busy at the bounce place) so buying one made more sense to me. I plan on selling it when we the kids outgrow it.

Blakes Mommy
02-05-2015, 10:00 AM
Thanks for your input, I am still on the fence...I will probably decide by tomorrow. If we do get it I will post an update or review, since someone on here maybe considering it. I read in one review it wasn't very bouncy....I am not so concerned as the kids think it's fun to even jump on the beds and their not really very bouncy. They know they aren't supposed to jump on the beds, but, I have had to remind them so hopefully this may save our beds if they are in that kind of mood!!!

MomtoNico
02-05-2015, 10:26 AM
honestly, i would look for something bigger. we have this one

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3987665&cp=2255956.2273442.2255969.3130074.2257594&parentPage=family

and its ok for my kids now, but they are small. we put it in our family room on occasion or basement or outside. its not at all too big.
We have this one too and we love it. So worth the money. We use it for birthday parties and cookouts, playdates etc.

we used the kids gift cards they get for birthday and Christmas. we figured they would use it a lot ( and they do) and they really didn't need any other toys.

Blakes Mommy
02-08-2015, 10:36 AM
Update: I bought the bounce house, I figured for 69.98 it was kind of a no brainer. We put it up last night and it was a hit! It's not too small, it takes up a lot of room actually, but, I wouldn't have gotten it for parties or outside with other kids on the street etc... It is really good for one or two kids and that is the limit for it anyway. If you are looking for a smaller one for inside use during snow and rainy days this ones it for the price! It's still showing 129 on the website, but, at my store they didn't have any out and they were in the back. I had the associate look it up on the web and then he checked with his scanner type thing and it said he had 3 and the price was 69.98. This was at 2 stores in my area so it's probably everywhere if they have it. They also didn't have this style listed in the board where you grab a ticket and take it to the front. It may be a hidden deal at some stores. I only found out about it since the first store which is bigger had it out and signed. The girl that rang me up was in shock it was so low! I have to agree with other posters though if you are looking for an outside unit to be used at parties and with several kids, you probably want a large one. We are happy!