PDA

View Full Version : Best Jean deal for boys

abesmer
02-05-2015, 02:33 PM
My 6 year old son has ripped through all of his jeans! Has anyone seen a good deal on jeans? Or when is the best time to buy them at the best price?

SnuggleBuggles
02-05-2015, 02:49 PM
Try buying them used. At least if they don't last long, you won't have spent much. TCP ones have been good for us though.

123LuckyMom
02-05-2015, 02:58 PM
I usually buy the TCP ones on mega sale. I've gotten them as low as $5/pr, and I just treat them like they're disposable. They do fade and tear easily, and I end up replacing them at the rate of about a pair per month or so. They last longer in winter!!! This year, I tried buying a bunch of the Land's End iron knee ones. I got them at $21/pr. They have not torn. Part of that may be winter, but they are definitely much better quality than the TCPs. I am very sad, though, that even though the knees haven't torn, they have faded, so they still look bad. I really expected more from $40 jeans. I'm willing to give them the summer to really prove themselves, but if they're going to look worn and damaged as quickly as the TCPs, I'll go back to TCPs and just replace them more often.

abesmer
02-05-2015, 03:10 PM
Do you know when the mega sale usually runs? I'm trying to hold out and not spend too much!

klwa
02-05-2015, 03:55 PM
Do you know when the mega sale usually runs? I'm trying to hold out and not spend too much!
They're only $10 now. I know a lot of people have been able to get free shipping codes by calling their closest store, too. http://www.childrensplace.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/en/usstore/search/boys-clothing/boys-pants-denim

And you can get 2% back from ebates, plus a 20% off coupon code: http://www.ebates.com/coupons/the-childrens-place/index.htm?query=childrens&position=1&type=suggest&store=8933

ckso
02-05-2015, 04:38 PM
20% off coupon on retailmenot

indigo99
02-05-2015, 06:48 PM
TCP has different weights on their denim. Be sure if you order online that it isn't a web-only item that you can't return in the store. I've taken a few pairs of jeans into the store and gone through feeling them all to choose the ones that were thicker and aren't going to get holes as easily. I got DS some really cute Gap jeans, and he got a hole in them the very first time he wore them. I also had some of the iron knee pants (not jeans), and he got a hole in the knee on his second day wearing them. It doesn't go all the way through the second layer, but it's still a hole in the knee to anyone who sees it. Get on the TCP mailing list. They had 25% off everything and free shipping as recently as Monday. It's one of those places that ALWAYS has a sale. They had $6 denim several times in January.

WatchingThemGrow
02-05-2015, 08:33 PM
We get the solstice wash from TCP. The normal price is about $8 but $6.20 every so often. We need them in slim for one DS and regular for another. They don't get holes for us like ON ones we've had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

123LuckyMom
02-05-2015, 09:46 PM
I'd get on TCP's email list. It's annoying, but you'll see when the sales run. There's almost always a 20% coupon to be had, but you can get as high as a 30% coupon, and Ebates gives a little extra. I couldn't predict when the really good denim sale will happen. They run denim sales pretty frequently, and if kismet hits, you'll have a 30% off coupon, and the jeans will be at $7. Then you get $5 jeans, and you can stock up!

ncat
02-05-2015, 10:45 PM
We've been able to get TCP jeans for $6-$7 shipped when I watch for sales and add a coupon. DS1 burns through the knees though - they will not be passed down. I think this is a DS1 issue, not a general quality issue.

boilermakermom
02-06-2015, 06:47 AM
Did you check Osh Kosh? They are usually around $8/pair, and there is usually a coupon.

liz
02-06-2015, 09:41 AM
I know a lot of people have been able to get free shipping codes by calling their closest store, too.

Thanks for this tip, I didn't know you could do that.

I was really disappointed with the quality from TCP and Crazy 8- the darker washes faded so badly at the knees, they were practically white! And they ripped so easily. However, I do need to get some jeans for DS3 since he doesn't have many hand-me-downs jeans from his brothers and I don't want to spend a lot at this point. I will buy them in the lighter color washes.

For the older DS I only buy LE jeans. I look for those rare 30%-40% sales and stock up. Again, the darkest shades fade a bit (but nothing as bad as TCP/Crazy 8) but they also go in the washer really frequently. I am very happy with those jeans, plus they have a great guarantee.

jse107
02-06-2015, 12:00 PM
Thanks for this tip, I didn't know you could do that.

I was really disappointed with the quality from TCP and Crazy 8- the darker washes faded so badly at the knees, they were practically white! And they ripped so easily. However, I do need to get some jeans for DS3 since he doesn't have many hand-me-downs jeans from his brothers and I don't want to spend a lot at this point. I will buy them in the lighter color washes.

For the older DS I only buy LE jeans. I look for those rare 30%-40% sales and stock up. Again, the darkest shades fade a bit (but nothing as bad as TCP/Crazy 8) but they also go in the washer really frequently. I am very happy with those jeans, plus they have a great guarantee.

Yup--the LE ones also have reinforced knees. They're a little more pricey (even on sale), but they hold up SO MUCH BETTER.

123LuckyMom
02-06-2015, 10:04 PM
Yup--the LE ones also have reinforced knees. They're a little more pricey (even on sale), but they hold up SO MUCH BETTER.

They don't tear as easily, but they absolutely do fade in the knees! I was disappointed that they looked worn so very quickly. I've had mine since October, though, and no torn knees yet.

Simon
02-07-2015, 08:41 AM
We have the LE climber pants and have had some all over fading but nothing in the knees. Our hard water fades everything though, its depressing.

I agree that the TCP jeans can be a good deal, but the knees on our dark wash jeans are nearly white, just like Liz said. My kid is not hard on pants, I often buy 2nd hand and he manages not to wear them out, but I bought the TCP new and they look weird with the faded patches. I have found that Target jeans, often $8.99, hold up pretty well.

georgiegirl
02-07-2015, 08:50 AM
My DS will rip through the knees of every pair of jeans. I've decided to just buy whatever's cheaper and treat them as disposable. I did buy the LE iron knee ones, and they did last longer but the knees were very faded. I don't think they are worth 4 cheapo pairs. I do have a second boy and will have to buy him only pants.

Tondi G
02-07-2015, 08:20 PM
We used to like Old Navy's jeans. They are having their baby and kids sale right now ... I think jeans are $10 a pair, may be more depending on the style/cut.

abesmer
02-09-2015, 11:51 PM
We used to like Old Navy's jeans. They are having their baby and kids sale right now ... I think jeans are $10 a pair, may be more depending on the style/cut.

Thanks guys! I scored children's place jeans with the mystery code 40%!! $6 each!! Plus free shipping! Four pairs for $25 with tax!