PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about Title 9

vtmom
02-06-2015, 08:53 AM
I need a few new bathing suits. My last few have been from Athleta and I have really liked them, but I'm not seeing anything there that I like right now. However, yesterday I got a catalog from Title 9 and loved quite a few of the suits that I saw in there. I've never bought from them (not sure why I got the catalog). Anyone here buy from them? What do you think? I'm hesitating because of the fee charged to return/exchange items, as with bathing suit shopping sometimes it's hard to get the right size on the first try.

SnuggleBuggles
02-06-2015, 09:14 AM
I've liked some of my suits from there. Some are exclusive to them, some are brands and suits also sold elsewhere. I bought a great Lole one there and so glad to have discovers that brand. I thought they had free ship over $50?

specialp
02-06-2015, 09:30 AM
I ended up returning most of what I purchased (kept a great dress that I still wear and travels great) as I just didn't like the fit on me, but loved the style of the swimsuit. I remember nothing about the charges, but I do remember the shipping was crazy slow. Just wanted to mention to make sure you have time before you need it when you order.

vtmom
02-06-2015, 09:54 AM
Thanks. I don't need the bathing suits right away (no impending trip), but am in need of rotating some new ones into my collection soon. I swim with the kids at least once a week all year long and then almost daily from Memorial Day through Labor Day so I try to keep two or three suits in the rotation at all times. Somehow, the elastic in a few older ones has started to give at the same time and I am finding myself in the market for multiple suits right now. :(

Appreciate the feedback so far and hope others chime in as well. I didn't see anything about free ship over $50. Do they have sales ever?

Kindra178
02-06-2015, 10:31 AM
I think Title Nine suits hold up better than Athleta suits. Indeed, I have been insanely disappointed in my Athleta suits. They just don't wear well (I swim once or twice a week, max).

curiousgeorge
02-06-2015, 12:06 PM
I discovered Title Nine last year after one opened in my city and I got a gift card for my birthday. I got a suit that is great quality (and like Kindra it has held up better than my Athleta suits). I also really liked a few of their clothing items. I will say, the salespeople there were exceptionally helpful. Maybe if you call you can chat with someone who can help with sizing and how things run.

twowhat?
02-06-2015, 01:36 PM
I bought a couple of swimsuits from them last year and really like them (I haven't found an athleta suit that will work for me). I will only buy from there because there's a local store that I can return to...

vtmom
02-06-2015, 03:23 PM
I discovered Title Nine last year after one opened in my city and I got a gift card for my birthday. I got a suit that is great quality (and like Kindra it has held up better than my Athleta suits). I also really liked a few of their clothing items. I will say, the salespeople there were exceptionally helpful. Maybe if you call you can chat with someone who can help with sizing and how things run.
Great idea! We don't have a store anywhere around here and some of the suits I like don't have many reviews, but calling a store might be helpful! Thanks.

curiousgeorge
02-12-2015, 12:33 AM
If you haven't called already you might want to try now and see if they will honor the free shipping that was emailed out earlier this week.

mackmama
02-14-2015, 10:53 AM
I love title 9. I'm not a big athleta fan. Almost all my suits are from total 9 and they have held up great. Title 9 does a great job of vetting really cute clothes from a lot of different outdoorsy designers like Prana, Patagonia, etc.

citymama
02-14-2015, 12:06 PM
My cousin who is plus-sized, maybe 16, wears Title Nine dresses and they look absolutely stunning on her - they fit and drape her perfectly. There's a store in the area I've been meaning to visit. I also got a postcard about their new line of bras for all sizes. Perhaps they're more inclusive of all body types than some of the other athletic brands? Patagonia essentially assumes its wearers have no hips!