PDA

View Full Version : Any good deals on fancy lingerie for valentines?

diamond
02-07-2015, 09:58 AM
Looking to get some fancy lingerie sets. I am in no rush but wondering since its valentines season now. Are the best deals on lingerie now or after Valentine's Day. Also any recommendations of brands. Oh and as a first step I need a website which explains how to measure myself for a proper bra fit.

ray7694
02-07-2015, 12:25 PM
I just buy matching bra/panties at Target, TJ Maxx, or Gordman's. I find even the VS to be uncomfortable so I am not spending a fortune.

SnuggleBuggles
02-07-2015, 01:18 PM
I think you'd be better off going to a store. Last year I wanted to verify my bra size and googled for measuring advice. I chose 3 guides off page 1 of the results to DIY my measurements. They all gave me different sizes (though 1 was the size I was wearing). I tried all the potential sizes and determined that I was totally already wearing the right size. So, I'd suggest that you research how a correct bra should fit. If yours don't fit like that, you might be better off somewhere like Nordstrom where you can get measured and try them on.
For lingerie, I wouldn't invest much (TJ Maxx is a good idea) if this is your first go around with it. You might find your and/ or yourself just aren't into it.

diamond
02-07-2015, 02:15 PM
this is for a possible boudoir shoot in near future. not decided for sure yet but considering..

BigDog
02-07-2015, 10:16 PM
This bra fit guide on Reddit is awesome (even better than a Nordstrom fitting IMO), lots of great info on this site. Hope this helps! http://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/wiki/beginners_guide

indigo99
02-08-2015, 11:43 PM
I think this is a very personalized area. My sister loves VS, but I just don't find most of their stuff comfortable. Maybe I'm between sizes or something (I'm definitely between sizes at Soma), but the cuts and styles just aren't right for me. If you have a Kohls card then I'd order a bunch of stuff online when they have a 30% off code and then return what doesn't work to the store. That's easier than trying to do it all in a store, and they have lots of brands to choose from.