PDA

View Full Version : Peter Pan or Seven Dwarfs mine train?

mom2akm
02-08-2015, 10:57 PM
DD (7) and I will be going to Disney World in April. Will you please help me with our Fastpasses? For the first 2 passes, we will use it on Anna and Elsa Meet and Greet and Enchanted Tales with Belle. I'm not sure if I should use the third on Peter Pan or Seven Dwarfs. I've heard the waiting area at Seven Dwarfs has some games so that sounds like a good place to wait. But it's also a new ride so lines will be long. I think we probably have to Fastpass one of these rides and then go to the other one first thing in the morning. We are pretty lay back and in the past, we had been taking it easy and wandered into a theme park without much planning and at whatever time we feel like. I suppose this time is going to be a little different. We've even booked a 8:10 A.M. breakfast with Cinderella and the park opens at 9am. So, which ride should we Fastpass?

SnuggleBuggles
02-08-2015, 11:01 PM
My kids were not fans of Peter Pan. Maybe the Disneyland one (the one we rode) is different than the DW one though. Too dark and not terribly interesting. People here rave about it so we might be in the minority. I would think the mine ride would be more fun for everyone. Eta- at DL, we only waited about 20 min for PP when we went on it first thing in the AM. If you hit it after breakfast, I'd do that and save the fast pass for something else.

npace19147
02-08-2015, 11:06 PM
If you want to do Mine Train at all then I would use FP on that. As the brand new ride it has a huge standby line and I don't think some games are going to help the wait that much. FWIW, when we were last at Disney we only had to wait about 5 min to get on the Peter Pan ride and at the end we all looked at each other and said, "That's it?" So we don't get the fascination with it either.

hellokitty
02-09-2015, 12:00 AM
Is it b/c you can only get one FP? If so, get a FP for 7 dwarfs and go to peter pan to wait in line. They just recently updated the queue for peter pan, and I did not notice it when we did FP, b/c you skip the queue, but we did a walk on (said 20 min wait, but it wasn't, just walked on), we got to see it and it was nice. We did not see the games for 7 dwarfs, as we did FP. The line was 90 min within the first couple hrs of rope drop.

egoldber
02-09-2015, 12:13 AM
If you want to do Mine Train at all then I would use FP on that.

:yeahthat:

If you go to Peter Pan first thing, then the line should not be bad. But it can get to be 60 minutes before you know it.

You will be luck to get a FP for A&E. They go very quickly, often within minutes of the 60 day FP window opening up.

jren
02-09-2015, 08:56 AM
We went in December, while school was in session. So not a busy time at all. We had no trouble getting into Belle's in the middle of the day with minimal wait. We got on Peter Pan early with no wait. Honestly, most rides were walk on with less than 10 minute waits that time of year. But there was no way we would've been able to ride Mine Train without our fast pass. It was never under a 2 hour wait the whole time we were there. Crazy! It's a short ride and fun, and my kids did want to ride again. But I'm glad they got to ride it once.

I missed the Anna Elsa meet and greet. Couldn't get fast passes on the day they opened for me. Try to get those first, and for the last day you're in that park. (Work your schedule backwards, from last day to first.). Get Mine Train next as those will disappear as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KrisM
02-09-2015, 09:08 AM
My kids were not fans of Peter Pan. Maybe the Disneyland one (the one we rode) is different than the DW one though. Too dark and not terribly interesting. People here rave about it so we might be in the minority. I would think the mine ride would be more fun for everyone. Eta- at DL, we only waited about 20 min for PP when we went on it first thing in the AM. If you hit it after breakfast, I'd do that and save the fast pass for something else.

We hit it on a rainy day, so lines were really short. My kids were fine riding it, but no desire to do it again. They thought it was fine, but definitely weren't raving about it! I'd do Mine Ride.

klwa
02-09-2015, 09:11 AM
We like the easywdw "cheat sheets" for planning the parks: http://www.easywdw.com/cheatsheets/mk_cheatsheet.pdf Midway down it shows a one day plan. He says to ride Peter Pan first, then use a Fastpass for SDMT. We pretty much followed his advice last year during Spring Break and it worked well for us, including riding Peter Pan after meeting Merida at rope drop.

MSWR0319
02-09-2015, 08:39 PM
We FP the SDMT and went to Peter Pan first like pp mentioned. We used Josh's plans also.

acmom
02-09-2015, 08:52 PM
Def. 7DMT!! It's new so lines are long and my whole family really enjoyed it! You should be able to find a time to do PP without a huge line (first thing, evening, extra magic hrs, possibly even add it as a fast pass after you have done your other 3) and honestly, none of our family loves that ride. Like PPs, I don't get the lines and fascination for that ride. We could have done it last time with not too bad lines but the whole family opted to skip it and use our time for something else. The mine train on the other hand, we rode once with FP and once again during extra magic hours- we waited about 30-40 min that time and kids had no problem waiting since they liked it so much the first time!

alexsmommy
02-09-2015, 09:42 PM
Another 7DMT vote. Peter Pan was ok, but 7DMT is the one my 7.5 y/o wanted to return to.

mom2akm
02-10-2015, 12:33 AM
Thank you all for your advise. I'm going to get the fast pass for the Seven Dwarfs mine train.

alexsmommy
02-26-2015, 08:23 AM
oops, wrong thread

ash
02-26-2015, 07:26 PM
A tip to see Anna and Elsa if you don't get FP or want to change FP...Get there first thing, see the Good Morning/Welcome greeting at MK. When the gates open, go straight through the castle (a lot of folks go right before the castle). We arrived there first...I thought I was in the wrong spot so we walked around a minute. Sure enough, it was it, we got in line with a 20 min wait. Same technique worked for my friend the next day.

ahisma
02-26-2015, 10:23 PM
Seven Dwarfs, hands down. We did both a few weeks ago, Peter Pan was very underwhelming (although very popular, oddly). 7DMT was amazing and is the ride that DS2 is obsessed with going back to visit.

Chitowngirl
02-27-2015, 04:21 AM
Yeah, didn't like Peter Pan. I mean, it's ok to go on if the line is reasonable, but definitely wouldn't waste a fast pass on it.