PDA

View Full Version : It's back! Multi-Purpose bins on sale at Container Store

musicalgrl
02-12-2015, 10:23 AM
Multi-Purpose bins from the Container Store have gotten a lot of love on this board in the past, and many of us stock up when they go on sale at this time of year. I bought a bunch last year, but of course can always find a reason and a use to grab a whole bunch more. :cheerleader1:

http://www.containerstore.com/shop/office/paperFileStorage/portable?productId=10022942

MSWR0319
02-12-2015, 10:38 AM
Thanks! ( I think ;) ) I was just thinking about this sale last week. I guess this means I need to re-organize and see where I need more bins.

twowhat?
02-12-2015, 10:46 AM
Has anyone used these for files and if so, what did you think? I've been thinking of re-doing our whole filing system because I'm kind of just sick of hanging files, it's never easy to get what we need. So one idea was to use these and keep them in a bookshelf or cabinet, that way can pull out only small sections at a time as needed.

wendibird22
02-12-2015, 10:47 AM
I wish shipping wasn't such a killer. I don't live anywhere even remotely close to a store and shipping on 6 bins is $10. I have a bunch and love them and could use a few more but not for that shipping cost.

legaleagle
02-12-2015, 11:07 AM
Has anyone used these for files and if so, what did you think? I've been thinking of re-doing our whole filing system because I'm kind of just sick of hanging files, it's never easy to get what we need. So one idea was to use these and keep them in a bookshelf or cabinet, that way can pull out only small sections at a time as needed.

Do want to keep them in the hanging files? They won't work for that, I'm pretty sure, but I keep paper in just folders in them and it works well (also lots of loose paper, mail that needs to be gone through, etc.)

BunnyBee
02-12-2015, 11:10 AM

They don't hold hanging file folders, but you can use them with regular file folders. It needs to be fairly full for them to stand up though. I use them for a bunch of homeschool stuff, but I don't really prefer them for file folders only.

brittone2
02-13-2015, 05:53 PM

Have you ever tried a smaller, lidded/handled file box? I have one from Staples and one from the Container Store. We have a bigger file system, but I like having the file boxes for things I prefer to have more accessible. For me, the smaller file box system works well. I can bring it to my desk, tuck it away, whatever. I like the portability for things I access more frequently. DH's filing system doesn't work intuitively for me, so I have my own files for my own things I access frequently.

I don't recall exactly which one I have but it is similar to this
http://www.containerstore.com/shop/office/paperFileStorage/portable?productId=10009073&N=74545

and I have one I like from Staples as well.

tropicalmom
02-13-2015, 10:40 PM
Oh boy. Do I really need more? My outdoor freezer is completely filled with them. My under sink areas, my walk in pantry. You ladies have shown me the incredible variety of ways to use them to help organize and I will be forever grateful because I can't imagine life without my multipurpose bins!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

poppy
02-14-2015, 01:03 PM
When is the sale until? Did anyone find any online or store coupons?

legaleagle
02-14-2015, 03:55 PM
When is the sale until? Did anyone find any online or store coupons?

CS basically never has money off coupons that stack with sale prices, just occasionally with the POP ones.

zukeypur
02-14-2015, 11:55 PM
I have so many, but i love them. I LOVE them. I'm going to measure every empty spot in the house tomorrow to find more uses for them. They are lifesavers in the deep freeze. I wish they would fit in my Fridge.

mommybug
02-15-2015, 12:42 AM
Will someone please post a picture of them being used in the deep freeze? Our chest freezer is a nightmare. I hate trying to find things in it! Thanks!

zukeypur
02-15-2015, 10:51 AM
Here are some pictures and ideas. http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?453866-Container-Store-Multipurpose-Bin-Idea-Picture-Thread!&highlight=Multipurpose+bins+deep+freezer

musicalgrl
02-15-2015, 12:33 PM
There are several old posts here that show uses for them. I reorganized my pantry with them last year and have a few in different closets around the house. Definitely one of my favorite organizing tools.

jent
02-15-2015, 01:01 PM

There are these that are made to hold hanging files, also on sale: http://www.containerstore.com/shop/office/paperFileStorage/portable?productId=10029415&green=95E3E9FC-5700-544B-994C-026EF80EB808

ETA: Also, link to old post that contains many links to other old posts: http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?473483-Time-to-buy!-TCS-Multi-purpose-bins-on-sale!!!&highlight=bottom+freezer+organization

Thanks OP! We moved a few months ago and still need to organize much of our new house. We have a few of these already and I'm going from closet to closet, seeing where they'll fit. (Not in our bottom freezer or pantry, sadly, but they'll be a go in a few closets).

mommybug
02-15-2015, 02:32 PM
Thanks for all of the links! I forgot that I could search all of the sub forums at once with the search option at the very top. So I did a search of just the Clean Sweep sub forum and got a few results but knew that there was more somewhere! Thanks!

azzeps
02-17-2015, 12:01 AM
That's it. I'm going to have to tear apart the pantry this week so that I can rationalize a BIG purchase of these things! I am so tired of my pantry being so embarrassingly disorganized.

maylips
02-17-2015, 12:59 PM
How long does this sale go on? We're 2 hours from the store and I'm on crutches so I can't get there for probably another month. I hate paying shipping as well but I.Love.Organization and you guys are inspiring me.

fauve01
02-18-2015, 02:28 PM
Oh boy. Do I really need more? My outdoor freezer is completely filled with them. My under sink areas, my walk in pantry. You ladies have shown me the incredible variety of ways to use them to help organize and I will be forever grateful because I can't imagine life without my multipurpose bins!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

please show me photos of how you organize under your sinks! with or without TCS bins. :praying:

indigo99
02-18-2015, 10:19 PM
How long does this sale go on? We're 2 hours from the store and I'm on crutches so I can't get there for probably another month.

I think it's about two more weeks, but you should just call to check.

azzeps
02-19-2015, 06:23 PM
So today was rip-apart-the-pantry day! Lots trashed, some will get picked up by another Freecycler today, and what's left will go in the bins I just ordered! YAY I am so excited. Hoping this system works a little better than the previous one! Hopefully I ordered enough bins!

musicalgrl
02-19-2015, 06:46 PM
Hopefully I ordered enough bins!

I think the general consensus on this board is...you can never have enough! :wink2:

rolypoly27
02-19-2015, 07:46 PM
How long does this sale go on? We're 2 hours from the store and I'm on crutches so I can't get there for probably another month. I hate paying shipping as well but I.Love.Organization and you guys are inspiring me.

Sale ends on March 22 according to the postcard in the mail.

jam224
03-19-2015, 11:30 PM
Sale ends this weekend FYI. I'm making a trip tomorrow! :D