PDA

View Full Version : Dinner ideas for tonight?

mom2binsd
02-14-2015, 12:43 PM
Staying in with the new BF tonight, getting some lobster, can't think of easy sides other than butter lol!

Oh ladies (and Giantbear if you're still around) of the BBB hit me with some ideas!

SnuggleBuggles
02-14-2015, 12:55 PM
I'm doing steak, pan cooked red skinned with shallots, green beans, flourless chocolate cake with homemade whipped cream. Nothing terribly exciting but should taste good.

Zukini
02-14-2015, 01:31 PM
Ribeye steak in the cast iron pan, asparagus with butter and lemon, and garlic smashed fingerling potatoes here. And Chocolate covered strawberries and Prosecco! Oh, and I got a cheese fondue kit and we have apples and crusty bread, but not sure if we want to eat all of that tonight too :) let's see!

twowhat?
02-14-2015, 02:11 PM
Baked potato with all the fixings. Including bacon:) Caesar salad. And dessert of course!

niccig
02-14-2015, 02:16 PM
We're having variety of appetizers from TJs, cheeses, and mini cheesecakes from store we love. Going to put DS to bed, then watch a movie and eat together. We haven't had a lot of time together lately, so we just want to hang out together.

With the lobster, I would do smashed potatoes (Pioneer woman calls them crash hot potatoes), asparagus and a salad.
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/06/crash-hot-potatoes/

Giantbear
02-14-2015, 03:40 PM
for lobster, i like some linguine with a little butter, garlic and grated Romano cheese and maybe some steamed broccoli or sauteed some spinach in olive oil and garlic and mix it in with the pasta. For dessert, do i really have to say???

jgenie
02-14-2015, 03:55 PM
We're doing take out from our local Indian restaurant.

gcc2k
02-14-2015, 04:44 PM
I think steamed asparagus would go well with your lobster.

Or you could bake it with a few diced red onions, sprinkle of feta, chopped walnuts or slivered almonds, and a drizzle of olive oil.

mom2binsd
02-14-2015, 06:29 PM
I got some really nice asparagus and it was on sale too! Those smashed pototoes look easy and yummy and I got strawberries and am melting chocolate right now...wine is chilling...