PDA

View Full Version : In Disney, DD sick - questions !!

magnoliaparadise
02-15-2015, 07:34 PM
Hi,

Just in case anyone has experienced this - we are in Disney World - it's great and our second day, but starting late on our first day, my DD (7 yo) became sick (!). Now my mother is saying she is feeling sick!

Has anyone had a family member get sick? Did you like a specific doctor or doc in a box urgent care? We are on Disney property.

We have insurance - in case we have to use it (ie cancel our trip midway - it is sooooo expensive that if my DD is not feeling well, I want to retreat and return when she is better), has anyone done that by chance? Not sure of the process.

Am hoping everything is better by tomorrow... my kids both went to sleep by 4 and are sleeping 2.5 hours later. We are all wiped out!

But even tho sick, my DD1 loves it and DD2, too! We are having a ball!

Thanks in advance :)

SnuggleBuggles
02-15-2015, 07:43 PM
How much longer will you be there? If only 1-2 days more, I'd plow on vs restarting. Ds1 got a virus in DL but we only had 1 day in the park. (Fwiw, he wasn't sick when we started the day). I'm sure the concierge can direct you to Dr.

magnoliaparadise
02-15-2015, 07:47 PM
We will be here 4 more days and leaving on 5th day.
You're right - Concierge can direct us to doctors, but if anyone happened to use one they liked, I trust BBB's recommendations more :)
But I realize it's unlikely that others have had sick kids and used a doctor!
The doctor would be to help her and make sure everything is ok, of course, but also for a note should we decide to cancel trip and use insurance.

SnuggleBuggles
02-15-2015, 07:53 PM
:( that's so tough since it could be a super quick virus and 1 rest day is enough. But, it's so tricky. I think I wouldn't delay for a recommendation and just ask the concierge so you can go ASAP. If it's strep throat or EI, meds will help fast.

candaceb
02-15-2015, 11:51 PM
About 10 years ago, my sister got a stress fracture while at WDW and we went to the Celebration Hospital ER. it was a very nice hospital and the wait wasn't bad.

MSWR0319
02-16-2015, 10:19 AM
About 10 years ago, my sister got a stress fracture while at WDW and we went to the Celebration Hospital ER. it was a very nice hospital and the wait wasn't bad.

I just went to the ER at the Celebration Hospital 3 weeks ago while we were there. I had a nasty stomach bug and ended up having low potassium from it all. They were very quick and efficient and the wait wasn't bad at all. I wouldn't hesitate to go back again. I think the wait was actually less then an urgent care, as I pretty much walked right in.

hillview
02-16-2015, 12:01 PM
we went to celebration ER with DS1 when he had pneumonia. it was fine.

magnoliaparadise
02-20-2015, 08:37 PM
Hi everyone,
Thanks for your advice.
We ended up keeping DD in bed and hanging out a couple of days and things got better. Disney sent someone out to get some meds. My DD got better so I never took her in to the ER or a doctor.
Thanks again.