PDA

View Full Version : American Girl Dolls on Jill's Steals and Deals today...

Mommy2Abby
02-18-2015, 09:53 AM
http://hip2save.com/category/jills-steals-and-deals/

once you click through to the AG site, the code is JILLSFEB

They have a bunch of the older dolls for $55 including additional clothing, plus some other random accessories and outfits at discounted prices.

Note: if past experience is any guide, the site may be completely bogged down so you might need to keep trying.
ETA: It looks like they've set up a "waiting room" which keeps your place in line and loads the page when available. Hopefully this will make it easier this time to access the deals...

missym
02-18-2015, 10:18 AM
Thanks for posting! We were planning to get Rebecca for DD2's birthday anyway, so it's nice to save some $.

sfmom
02-18-2015, 10:20 AM
I'm stuck on the "short wait list" for 15 minutes. And can't check out :(

Mommy2Abby
02-18-2015, 10:22 AM
So glad you were able to take advantage of it. DD has wanted Julie for awhile now, so it was definitely a great deal to get the doll + additional clothing for much less than the price of the doll!

I think the one difference with these sets is that they include the older book rather than the newly branded "Be Forever" books (although I like the older book style better) and the outfits are slightly different. But definitely some great deals.

sfmom
02-18-2015, 10:29 AM
Wasn't able to get the Rebecca doll. Waited forever and then was booted out....

ang79
02-18-2015, 10:31 AM
Nice deal! My girls have just recently gotten into their AG dolls and would love some "friends" for their dolls, but I don't have any upcoming birthdays are reasons to buy one for them :( Out of curiosity, I tried to put some dolls in my cart, only the Julie w/ patchwork outfit is left anyways.

Tenasparkl
02-18-2015, 10:45 AM
Thanks! I got Julie. I wanted Kaya or Rebecca, but both sold out in my cart while I waited in line.

MamaMolly
02-18-2015, 10:46 AM
So I tried to add a doll to my cart and it said unavailable. I'm guessing I'm not in a waiting room, right? Just missed it?

kdeunc
02-18-2015, 10:47 AM
Couldn't add Julie to my cart. She was the only one still showing. Guess that means I didn't really need her anyway! :)

ECMom
02-18-2015, 12:58 PM
Keep checking back. Both Julie sets just came back into stock & I was able to get one.

wendibird22
02-18-2015, 02:30 PM
I was able to get 1 of the Julie sets too at about 11:50am. Still trying to get the other one.

Seitvonzu
02-18-2015, 03:30 PM
i'm glad i missed this this morning....because i would have bought kaya :)

missym
02-18-2015, 03:54 PM

I've secretly wished for my girls to ask for Kaya. No luck so far. ;)

brittone2
02-19-2015, 10:57 AM

When I tried yesterday morning, I couldn't snag her. She was OOS. A few mins later I was able to add Julie to my cart. I got a shipping notice today already. DD does not need more dolls, but she wanted to use her own money for it, and I couldn't argue ;)

citymama
02-19-2015, 01:11 PM

Wait, KAYA was on this sale? I want her for ME!!! Boo hoo if I missed her!

Tenasparkl
02-19-2015, 02:27 PM
I wanted her too. I saw her but wasn't able to add her to my cart.

Aishe
02-19-2015, 02:50 PM

My ds (yes, ds) desperately wants Kaya. I'm so sorry I missed this.

citymama
02-19-2015, 04:59 PM
I clicked through right away and saw Julie but not Kaya. I don't understand, was she part of this sale? I can't believe I was so close and missed it!

brittone2
02-20-2015, 04:31 PM
I clicked through right away and saw Julie but not Kaya. I don't understand, was she part of this sale? I can't believe I was so close and missed it!

I was on the treadmill when the Today segment aired and let DD know. I couldn't hear well but they were showing Julie. When I went to the site, I could see two different Julie sets (one with pajamas, one with an extra non PJ shirt?), Rebecca, and Kaya for the sale price. I called for DD, who requested Kaya given a choice. It said sold out when I tried to checkout. I went back and was able to snag a Julie for her.

brittone2
02-22-2015, 10:37 AM
DD's Julie arrived yesterday. That was pretty fast!

wendibird22
02-22-2015, 02:18 PM
Brittone what kind of box does she arrive in? Does it say American girl all over the outside? Mine is scheduled to arrive later In the week while I'm out of town. Which means DH will get it with both girls and I don't want them knowing what it is. Plan to put away for Xmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brittone2
02-22-2015, 04:50 PM
Brittone what kind of box does she arrive in? Does it say American girl all over the outside? Mine is scheduled to arrive later In the week while I'm out of town. Which means DH will get it with both girls and I don't want them knowing what it is. Plan to put away for Xmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just looked at the box because I still have it. It is a very long, narrowish cardboard box with a shipping label that says American Girl where a return address label would go. It is about the width of the boxes the actual dolls come in if you've seen those, but longer. The rest of the box does not indicate AG in any way. I usually never see their packaging as we typically send everything for the holidays to DH's work and he unboxes it there.

wendibird22
02-22-2015, 08:21 PM
Thanks! DH should be able to get that past those prying eyes!!

klwa
02-23-2015, 09:56 AM
I just looked at the box because I still have it. It is a very long, narrowish cardboard box with a shipping label that says American Girl where a return address label would go. It is about the width of the boxes the actual dolls come in if you've seen those, but longer. The rest of the box does not indicate AG in any way. I usually never see their packaging as we typically send everything for the holidays to DH's work and he unboxes it there.

Yep. That's what ours have shipped in.