PDA

View Full Version : Best container to hold chips?

maylips
02-18-2015, 10:44 AM
Looking at the Container Store multi-purpose bins on sale, I'm wondering if they would be good to hold different bags of chips in or not.

Currently, I keep our chips in an upper cabinet, where they have a tendency to slide out when the door opens, or as I'm trying to throw them back up there. I'd like an easier way - FWIW, we keep multiple types open at different times (fritos, pretzels, potato, etc)

pastrygirl
02-18-2015, 12:45 PM
I'd say YES, those containers would be great for that! But only the L or XL. Ideally, the XL would be the better option. I don't have any chips to test with, but I'd guess an XL can hold 3-5 bags of chips. The L is narrower, so wouldn't really hold a bag facing front unless it's a smaller chip bag, like Fritos. Tostitos would be too wide.

urquie
02-18-2015, 02:44 PM
We use the XL for chips... I wouldn't go smaller.

94bruin
02-20-2015, 03:05 AM
We use an XL as well for open snack/chip bags.

KrisM
02-20-2015, 07:06 AM
We use a Large for them. We tend to have 1 opened and 1-2 unopened bags at a time. An XL would be too big for here.

My upper cabinets are not deep enough for the multi purpose containers though. Mine is in the pantry.

hillview
02-20-2015, 07:07 AM
We use the XL for chips... I wouldn't go smaller.

We use an XL as well for open snack/chip bags.
:yeahthat:

pastrygirl
02-20-2015, 09:23 AM
My upper cabinets are not deep enough for the multi purpose containers though. Mine is in the pantry.I missed the part about cabinets. I've never tried them in a cabinet; I have mine in the pantry, too.

94bruin
02-20-2015, 03:22 PM
I missed the part about cabinets. I've never tried them in a cabinet; I have mine in the pantry, too.

Sadly we don't have a pantry. Our cabinets aren't deep enough to put the bins in lengthwise. I turn my XL so it's in the cabinet sideways.