PDA

View Full Version : Definite YMMV: Lego polybags on clearance at Target $1.07

candaceb
02-18-2015, 03:33 PM
I think the snow and cold have helped the Target Valentine's Day clearance deals... My store was 70/50 today and I found Lego polybags 70% off. They had a Lego Friends ice cream set, and a Lego City police helicopter. I am all set for DS's birthday party favors 6 months early! They were all just thrown on a shelf on an endcap so I think it's just a matter of luck if you find them.

sadbunny
02-18-2015, 07:00 PM
I found one Lego Friends one a few days ago. There was nothing else around at my local Target (Gardena, CA)!

ellas_mom
02-18-2015, 09:52 PM
That is an awesome find OP! :) At my local store, I've never been able to see any lego polybags on sale/clearance after Valentine, Easter, Halloween, Christmas, etc... They don't have many in stock to begin with and are pretty much SO early on.

JdrKuhnert
02-18-2015, 09:53 PM
Oddly enough, I found a bunch of the Lego packs sitting on a closed checkout counter.
I also picked up the Valentine's small Nerf gun packs for $1.50. They were in the regular Nerf aisle. I am set for party favors.

ang79
02-18-2015, 10:08 PM
Nice find! One of my Targets had signs for 30% and 50% the other day but when I scanned things some items rang up at 70% off. I was not lucky enough to find the Lego bags but did end up with a mug for myself, Frozen lanterns for the girls' Easter baskets, and a whole bunch of things from the dollar spot at 50% off (little mail boxes and organizer boxes for the girls' American Girl dolls, books, and a dry erase activity set and some trivia cards I'm saving for upcoming road trips to help entertain the girls). Need to get to my other Target to check things out too :)

Twin Mom
02-18-2015, 11:09 PM
I went to a couple of Targets yesterday and I was surprised how cleaned out they were. I even went to CVS and Rite Aid. The only thing I bought was 2 pairs of socks for DD at Target. I guess it's my fault for not going the day after V-Day. Oops.

MomtoNico
02-19-2015, 04:34 PM
bought a ton at the dollar spot. Way too much. But I will use them for Easter baskets, xmas stocking, birthday favors. And some for donations to the church. Found a few valentine things they were 90% off. I love looking through the stuff! I bought some bubbles and tatoos to give with cards next year. Candy was 70% off . happy hunting!!!!

liz
02-19-2015, 05:17 PM
Went looking for the poly bags, but no luck. Too bad, but that's typical for my local Target. I wound up getting some Valentines for DS next year. They still had a ton left--good selection too-- and were ringing up at $.75 (70% off).

I bought bags of assorted M&Ms and Hershey Kisses for $.95 (70% off). That'll be fun to eat for our family movie nights along with popcorn :).

Lastly I managed to snag a lone Lego Chima set for $10.04 (70% off) http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Chima-70013-Equilas-Striker/dp/B0094J5GY8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1424379877&sr=8-1&keywords=lego+chima+equila%E2%80%99s+ultra+striker +70013

eta, my Dollar Spot was pretty wiped out at 50% off clearance

curiousgeorge
02-19-2015, 06:25 PM
Thank you! I finally was lucky enough to fine them! Just the lego city ones, not lego friends. $1.07...and a few bags of candy at 70% off...that I did not need!

chemnerd
02-19-2015, 10:59 PM
No Legos at mine, but I was able to get My Little Pony sets for $1.19 and mini Nerf guns for $1.49 for an upcoming birthday party. Thank you!

PAfirsttimemom
02-23-2015, 11:57 AM
Thank so much for mentioning the mini Nerf guns! My son is having a Nerf bday party in March, and these will make perfect favors! They rang up at 49 cents at my local Targets. Unfortunately, I had to hit several stores and still couldn't find as many as I needed. I figure it's not worth the gas money to hit another farther away, so at the recommendation of an employee, I bought 3 at full price (on the shelves with the Easter favor stuff--they ring up at $4.99). If I average it out, it's still only about $1.40 per piece because the bulk of them were so cheap. I love hidden deals like this! I also picked up some of those trivia cards at the dollar spot for 30 cents each and will include those with some candy for a nice party bag. :-)

NewbieVA
02-23-2015, 01:00 PM
Thanks for posting about the Lego bags & the descriptions. I found a bunch of them in the clearance section, but they were not ringing up with a price. When I went to the register, the manager said they were supposed to go to "salvage," but she let me purchase at 70% off. They would be perfect for a Lego party, so I'm wondering if I should have bought more. There were about 20 more bags left, but I'm assuming they've pulled them by now. I saw them removing all the valentines stuff in the dollar spot too.