PDA

View Full Version : help me not look like a complete dork

echoesofspring
02-21-2015, 05:24 PM
I need to shake up my routine and start getting out of the house more and exercising more, so I've committed to start walking into town to work for a couple hours. Hopefully every morning, but at least 2 or 3 times a week. It's a 20 minute downhill walk into town, so I'm trying to figure out what I can wear that I won't feel completely awkward in while I'm working. Doesn't need to be specifically 'workout' clothes, but should be something that I won't mind sweating in a little bit on the way home, it'll be uphill and I'll have my (heavy) laptop backpack. 45-70 temperatures.

My gym clothes should probably be relegated to 'gardening/painting clothes' anyhow, so I don't mind getting workout clothes, but everything I'm seeing is just too body conscious for outside of the gym for me. I'm about 20 lbs heavier than I'd like to be so, yeah, not really feeling the urge to show my abs off. But if I feel frumpy I'll stop going and I really need to be out around people more and also be exercising more. Jeans would be ok for the walk down but I'm not sure I'd like the walk back. Short/petite sizes on pants. Any suggestions?

SnuggleBuggles
02-21-2015, 05:39 PM
Yoga pants, a fitted tank or t and a hoodie? Bettona pants of some kind, same kind of tops. I went to Dick's the other day and there were tons of good workout clothes (Nike, Reebok); I'd suggest a browse there.
I'm about 15lbs more than I want to be and wear fitted workout capris with a ever so slightly loose cover up that covers my crotch. Sometimes just promo race shirts, a fleece, t, or my very favorite fleecy/ tech hooded cowl pull over (Costco).

niccig
02-21-2015, 05:50 PM
What clothes are you allowed to wear at work? That will dictate what you can wear.
Can you change at work? Wondering if you can you change at work. If you want to stay in clothes you're walking in, I live in my Athleta Bettona pants whenever I can. Comfy like yoga pants but not yoga pants.

ray7694
02-21-2015, 06:09 PM
I love the Bettona boyfriend pants from Athleta. I don't mind yoga/capri for working out but not out in "public" places.

Globetrotter
02-21-2015, 06:45 PM
Look at athleta. I too love the Bettona pants! You could pair them with a cute jacket and top, but that depends on your work.

Babymakes3
02-21-2015, 09:20 PM
The Zella line at Nordstrom has some cute stuff!

SnuggleBuggles
02-21-2015, 09:22 PM
The Zella line at Nordstrom has some cute stuff!

They do! I forgot my other cowl hoodie cover up from them. :)

Kindra178
02-22-2015, 04:58 PM
Lulu pants are my fav. UA pants are also great.

echoesofspring
02-22-2015, 06:11 PM
Thanks everyone. I decided last if I had a nice jacket/thing to wear and my pants and tshirt looked new/sharp enough I guess I'll be ok. I just don't really want to look like I strolled in from my workout, i.e. don't sit too close to me ;) I ordered a cute looking zella jacket on sale last night from N. and some tops and yoga pants from Macy's. Haven't been able to get Bettona's to work for me. Realized I didn't really want to spend all that much...