PDA

View Full Version : What shoes do you wear to Disney?

Pilotbaby
02-25-2015, 11:34 AM
What shoes that are cute and comfortable do you wear to Disney or other places where you will be walking a lot? Prefer some type of nice flip flop but all suggestions welcome:)

Twoboos
02-25-2015, 11:36 AM
The last time we went, I had a pair of Merrell flip flops, and a pair of Croc flip flops. The crocs were some kind of sporty thing, so the straps across the foot was thicker/more substantial. I LOVE those crocs and I don't think they make them anymore! I should look. I'll see if I can find the Merrells too, this was like 3 or 4 years ago.

specialp
02-25-2015, 11:40 AM
Ecco Biom 1.2 mary janes

MMMommy
02-25-2015, 11:47 AM
I wear my New Balance sneakers. I never wear sandals or flip flops b/c of all the strollers that have rammed into my heel in the past...

Chylynn
02-25-2015, 12:04 PM
I wear Clark flip flops whenever I go to Disney World. They are easily adjusted in the strap if my feet swell while walking, are very comfortable and have great support for flip flops.

BunnyBee
02-25-2015, 12:06 PM
Orthaheel Tide flip flops or running (I should say "running" lol) shoes.

Binkandabee
02-25-2015, 12:07 PM
I wore my nike tennis shoes because they are literally the only shoes that are supportive enough to make my plantar fascitis tolerable. BUT, the clark's flip flops are super comfy and would probably fit the bill :)

ahisma
02-25-2015, 12:21 PM
Chacos worked great for me.

crispychicky
02-25-2015, 12:29 PM
OluKai Ohana flip flops. I wore them just about every day on our last trip and my feet felt great! They are one of the few flip flops out there that have truly good support.

http://www.zappos.com/olukai-ohana-w-off-white-dark-java

123LuckyMom
02-25-2015, 12:34 PM
I don't wear cute shoes. I wear full on athletic sneakers! It's not the walking that's the problem for me. It's the standing still. It makes my feet hurt, so I want as much cushioning as possible.

DualvansMommy
02-25-2015, 12:39 PM
I went last May and asked this forum same question! ended up with Orthoheel flips. I have very flat and narrow feet so needed lot of cushioning and support, did the trick for me!

cagey
02-25-2015, 12:39 PM
I did about 5 miles in Keen Newports...as much running around Tom Sawyer Isalnd we do I could never do flip flops!!

gatorsmom
02-25-2015, 01:30 PM
Fit Flops. I have 3 pairs of them- really cute bedazzled ones. Whenever we need to walk a lot, i can't survive the day without them. I bought mine off amazon. I wore them for our last trip to Disney and wore them everyday on our trip to the south of France.

smilequeen
02-25-2015, 01:32 PM
Fit Flops are my go to for that type of stuff. I wore some Merrell mary janes in January though, but I can't stand to have closed toes when it's hot.

Mommaof3
02-25-2015, 01:40 PM
I wore Sketchers Go Walks, I swore I would never own a pair but they were so comfy! No break in period needed!
I should add we were there in November and it was on the cool side.

AnnieW625
02-25-2015, 01:52 PM
We all wear tennis shoes. I think I wore my Crocs Athens Flip flops a few times as well, but it is just as easy to wear sneakers. (We have only ever gone to Disneyland). I think it is hilarious that some women wear high heeled sandals to DL!

urquie
02-25-2015, 01:57 PM
Teva mush flip flops, every time!

baymom
02-25-2015, 02:04 PM
I've generally always worn my Asics running shoes, but this summer on a very walking intensive, urban vacation, wore Keen Rose shoes and LOVED the comfort, support and ability to wear them with dresses and pants and still look good.

ETA: I have the Keen Rose Sandal in cascade brown.

barkley1
02-25-2015, 02:14 PM
Ecco Biom 1.2 mary janes

YES. i ordered a pair for disney based on a thread i started last year (do a search for more suggestions!) and they were GREAT. And cute!!! I got the gray/black ones and they matched everything. I just took a bunch of black/white/red clothes and mixed and matched every day. easy.

One thing that helped also was a pair of those no-show socks that had a little bit of padding on the ball of the foot area. You have to wear something sock-like, or they get too sweaty. The padding helped add comfort.

megs4413
02-25-2015, 03:00 PM
I didn't read the responses...

Two pairs!!!! Alternate days.

One pair of high quality tennis shoes/running shoes. I like new balance.

One pair of waterproof sandals that are also high quality. Teva, keen, Merrell...

bisous
02-25-2015, 03:03 PM
Only flip flops. I can't imagine my feet in closed toe shoes at Disney, lol! I have Merrell Gardena's that I love. I probably need a new style. I've worn these for the last 7 years! But they still look current to me and are SOOO comfy!

carolinacool
02-25-2015, 03:15 PM
I wear my New Balance sneakers. I never wear sandals or flip flops b/c of all the strollers that have rammed into my heel in the past...

Yep. That's true whether I'm at Disney or any amusement park. Too many people walking around, stepping on your feet, pushing strollers, ugh. I also have a fear of being on a ride and a sandal-type shoe flying off my foot. lol

I usually wear Sketchers sneakers. They are all comfy to me.

briarrose
02-26-2015, 08:40 AM
Sanuks! I love my yoga slings! Comfy footbed and has the back strap so I don't worry about losing a shoe like Cinderella. I also love the sidewalk surfers when I want a closed toe.

http://www.sanuk.com/womens-view-all/?icid=shop_page_womens_panel_btn

Barb

ash
02-26-2015, 07:19 PM
OluKai Ohana flip flops. I wore them just about every day on our last trip and my feet felt great! They are one of the few flip flops out there that have truly good support.

:yeahthat:

My mom wore a cute pair of FitFlops daily. We went in October this past year.

hellokitty
02-27-2015, 07:22 AM
Dansko sneakers and a PR of fitflops is what I wore for our Disney trip last month.

hellokitty
02-27-2015, 07:25 AM

I want a pr of these! I tried anpr out last yr at a hiking store. They are very similar to orthaheels, but look much more sporty.

SummerBaby
02-27-2015, 10:03 AM
I rotated the Olukai Ohanas mentioned by PP, and these Reef flip flops- http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DOEMF3E/ref=mp_s_a_1_12?qid=1425045441&sr=8-12&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=reef+flip+flops

I liked the Olukais because they are much nicer looking, IMO, but they almost had too much arch support for me. Also, when they got wet they rubbed. The Reefs, on the other hand, were like walking on air- extremely comfortable. Just not my style.

If I were going in cooler weather I would definitely wear Sketchers Go Walks. Again, they may not be pretty but you can't beat the comfort. Last year I bought a pair that look like Sperry Top siders and wore them on our Washington DC trip. No blisters, no sore spots. They were perfect. I'm just someone who can't stand closed toe shoes if it's over 75 degrees.