PDA

View Full Version : favorite ponte pant?

abh5e8
02-27-2015, 11:24 AM
I'm looking for black pants, that I cant tuck into my tall boots. I would prefer something stretchy and skinny, and thinking maybe a ponte pant is the way to go? anyone have a favorite pair?

SnuggleBuggles
02-27-2015, 11:34 AM
I always liked the Calvin Klein ones at Costco.

baymom
02-27-2015, 12:59 PM

Me too!

rolypoly27
02-27-2015, 01:58 PM
I really like my Jolt ponte pants from Nordstrom. You can find them in the BP department.

abh5e8
02-27-2015, 02:12 PM
thanks! i was hoping for a nordstrom rec. forgot to mention I don't have access to costco.

Vintagegirl
02-27-2015, 02:37 PM
I have several the CK pontes from Costco but like the Kut from the Kloth ones better. The Kut ones are closer to a jean but softer, slightly thicker and more comfortable than the CK ones. They are sold out at Nordstrom but am sure you can find them other places:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/kut-from-the-kloth-diana-ponte-knit-five-pocket-skinny-pants/3755006

My daughter and I both have them and got them at Macy's.

joules
02-28-2015, 03:20 AM
Another vote for either of the ones mentioned above. The Nordstrom Jolt ones from the juniors section or the CK Costco ones.

♥ms.pacman♥
02-28-2015, 11:04 AM
my favorite hands-down is the Boden Ponte Roma pants. I have one pair in navy and i worry i wearing them out bc i wear them so often.

i did have the Calvin Klein ones from costco, and liked them, but the Boden ones seemed way nicer. I like how the boden ones have real pockets.

i would love to get another Boden pair of ponte roma pants in a differen't color (black or grey) if they weren't so $$!

zukeypur
02-28-2015, 01:30 PM
I have the Jolt ones also. They developed a small hole around one of the pockets, but that is usually covered and unnoticeable.

twowhat?
02-28-2015, 02:00 PM

The ones that I got weren't great quality:( The back seam is about to rip on both of mine...and I sized up so that they fit more loosely too! I like the styling a lot though.

I have a pair of Jag pull-on ponte pants that I like and are better quality than the Costco ones but even those are starting to go on me. I can still wear it but the waist is stretched out (it's because my hips are so big in relation to my waist that I'm really straining the fabric to get it on, even though it fits loosely once on - zipper and button would've fixed this). And the fabric is starting to pill (this might be better if I didn't toss stuff in the dryer). But in terms of hardiness, it's much better. Styling also is great.

Boden Roma ponte pants - incredible quality. Real pockets! Mediocre styling. Back pockets not big enough or placed low enough - "long butt syndrome". Also hard to size so that it fits a bit more loosely. I like my ponte pants to fit more like skinny pants so that I don't have to have my butt completely covered, and the Boden ones fit like leggings and if I sized up for a looser fit, the waist would be way too big. I will only wear the Boden ponte pants under dresses like leggings for this reason. Also wish they'd make them without the center seam for a bit of a cleaner look. The waist sizing thing would be much less of an issue with more rectangular or apple or pear shapes. I'm kind of an extreme hourglass so they don't work as well for me and to be fair, I have this problem with a lot of pants. Lower-waisted pants work better for this reason but are awful for my tummy issue:/

Hanna ponte pants - SAME EXACT thing as Boden! LOL! Fits like leggings, can't size up for same reason as above, same awful back pockets (even a bit worse...rounded corners!).

Anyway, following this thread because I love ponte pants and haven't found a blend of quality and style that I've been entirely happy with.

citymama
02-28-2015, 03:49 PM
The Boden ones get great rave reviews! I plan to try them some time when they're on sale.

kwc
03-04-2015, 04:07 PM
I just got these from Nordstrom and LOVE them. I am curvy and they are mid-higher waisted (I don't know why the description says low rise as I got petite and they hit just below the navel) and don't gap at the waist. They have jeans-type rear pockets (which I prefer as I've found other ponte pants without pockets a bit too bootylicious for me, even the Boden ones). Super comfortable.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/two-by-vince-camuto-skinny-ponte-pants-regular-petite/3360595?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=1854