PDA

View Full Version : How do you deal with recyclables?

trcy
02-28-2015, 12:51 PM
We have a small kitchen, so no room for a separate trash bin. We wind up just putting them on the counter until we can take them to the recycle bin outside. There has to be a better way. TIA!

elliput
02-28-2015, 01:14 PM
Is there a spot to hang a reusable bag on a wall or door?

SnuggleBuggles
02-28-2015, 01:14 PM
Can they go under the sink? Can you buy a pretty container for the floor- do you have any available floor space? Can you hang a bag off a door knob? Can you repurpose a cabinet or drawer for them?
We had a great pull out can in a cabinet near our sink but, one sad day, I put our recycling out in that can and get took our can. As it was a custom size, I've been SOL replacing it. So, I have a decent enough looking small can in the kitchen on the floor.

BunnyBee
02-28-2015, 01:29 PM
We have recycle bins in the mudroom. It's a few steps from the kitchen.

zukeypur
02-28-2015, 01:31 PM
I used to put them in a grocery bag hanging on a cabinet door knob, taking it out rvery evening. Now we have a bin in the launery room.

vludmilla
02-28-2015, 01:56 PM
We have a small kitchen and we use the simple human divided garbage can (one side for trash and one for recyclables). I LOVE that trash can as it keeps my kitchen neat.

jgenie
02-28-2015, 02:03 PM
I have a bin in my laundry room which is right off the kitchen.

DualvansMommy
02-28-2015, 03:07 PM
I have two can trash bin inside my pull out besides the sink. When that recycle can is full, we take the bag outside in garage and dump it inside our big recycle bin that gets picked up every 2 weeks. Prior to that set up, I kept a small recycle bin in my laundry room since it was only 2 steps out into garage. Perhaps something like that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sunnyside
02-28-2015, 07:56 PM
I need a solution too, but here we separate recyclables, glass, and compost from trash. I haven't found something to handle it all.

trcy
02-28-2015, 08:09 PM
We have a small kitchen and we use the simple human divided garbage can (one side for trash and one for recyclables). I LOVE that trash can as it keeps my kitchen neat.
Can you use regular trash bags with these or do you have to use the simple human bags?

vludmilla
02-28-2015, 10:00 PM
I've always used regular trash bags.

almostmom
03-02-2015, 10:50 AM
I have a paper supermarket bag standing up in the corner of my kitchen that is for recyclables. When it is full, I just grab the whole bag and put it in the recycling bin outisde. Paper and plastic are combined for us, so everything goes in the paper bag. It's open and easy to use. Maybe not the best looking, but very functional.

Sweetsunshine
03-02-2015, 11:12 AM
I keep a plastic laundry bin in the pantry. I'm always amazed how quickly it fills up. The bottom gets yucky so I like that it's easy to clean. We don't need to sort recyclables. They get picked up in a giant bin.