PDA

View Full Version : DL compared to WDW planning and time

belovedgandp
02-28-2015, 08:51 PM
We now have three family vacations to WDW under our belt. I have a handle on those trips. We might do one more, but the kids our getting older and we're eyeing different types of vacations now.

I'm looking at a long driving trip to southern California in a little over a year. I have the drill down for WDW with staying on property and doing dining 180 days out.

How much time out is appropriate for DL? I'm looking at when to get serious about planning the nitty gritty and then what kind of duration? Would two days be sufficient?

SnuggleBuggles
03-01-2015, 04:07 PM
I feel like DL is far more manageable and far less planning is needed. We've just shown up in the morning and did our thing. :) we went with a list of 3 things each to do and hit those. We did book the Blue Bayou really early and I think they were surprised someone called with that much lead time. :)

I'm not a major Disney person, compared to many on the board. I think 2 days is fine. When we were last there, by 5 we had ridden everything we wanted to plus lots more- we were ok being done but we rallied till closing (gotta get my $'s worth!). That was in February with lower crowds. Our other trip in August was a lot busier but we were still successful with minimal planning. Start in the back, don't eat at peak times. Other than that, we haven't had to invest near the planning folks put in for WDW but your needs and expectations could be quite different than mine.

When in So. Cal, I would only want to give Disney 2 days- too many other things to see and do.
ETA- I always feel like DL is more like a local amusement park that happens to be really good and Disney. It feels more casual.