PDA

View Full Version : Recommend your home/vehicle insurance company?

Katigre
03-03-2015, 11:34 AM
I need to get quotes again because it's been a couple years. We're with Erie and they've been great, but our premiums keep going up and I want to shop around.

JBaxter
03-03-2015, 11:45 AM
we have had Erie in the past when in MD, Farmers Home when in SC and now State Farm her in Florida

vludmilla
03-03-2015, 11:55 AM
We have Kemper and they have been great about a claim and their price is excellent for the coverage we have.

zukeypur
03-03-2015, 12:03 PM
We have travelers. So far i am happy, but i deal with my broker only and haven't had any claims.

wendibird22
03-03-2015, 12:20 PM
We just dropped State Farm and switched to Hanover and are saving $$$$.

AnnieW625
03-03-2015, 01:20 PM
We have State Farm and are happy, we have been with them for 12 yrs; we switched from AAA renters policy to State Farm home when we bought our house in 2005. We have never had to file a home claim though, which I have heard mixed results on in general. I am looking at potentially switching to Auto Club (AAA in So Cal) but I haven't really followed up on it since I did the initial online quote. I had AAA for 8 yrs. (17-25 when I was on my parents policy) and was happy with them, but it was more expensive when I looked at getting my own policy with DH when we got married so we went with State Farm. We looked at switching to AAA when we moved here as well, but they were still more expensive than State Farm.

MelissaTC
03-03-2015, 01:34 PM
We dropped Allstate and switched to State Farm this year to save money.

klwa
03-03-2015, 01:53 PM
We have Amica. They're generally very highly rated by Consumer Reports.

mom2binsd
03-03-2015, 02:10 PM
I'm going to look at my policies, I have State Farm and have been happy with services, and I live in the town where the world HQ are (everyone I know works for them it seems). A friend is an American Family agent so he's going to see if he can do better for me.

vonfirmath
03-03-2015, 03:08 PM
We have State Farm and are happy, we have been with them for 12 yrs; we switched from AAA renters policy to State Farm home when we bought our house in 2005. We have never had to file a home claim though, which I have heard mixed results on in general. I am looking at potentially switching to Auto Club (AAA in So Cal) but I haven't really followed up on it since I did the initial online quote. I had AAA for 8 yrs. (17-25 when I was on my parents policy) and was happy with them, but it was more expensive when I looked at getting my own policy with DH when we got married so we went with State Farm. We looked at switching to AAA when we moved here as well, but they were still more expensive than State Farm.

We have State Farm and had to replace our roof a couple of years ago. We were quite pleased with their service.

KrystalS
03-03-2015, 03:16 PM
I have been researching because we are currently purchasing our first home. We've had USAA for 12 years for auto and renters. I haven't been able to find any companies that could beat USAA for auto. Our auto is outrageous because my teenage sister is on our policy. The quotes I've gotten for home seem so high but I'm used to only paying renters insurance. I've never heard of some of these companies, is it better to go with the companies that aren't as well known?

gymnbomb
03-03-2015, 03:32 PM
We've also had USAA for many years for auto and are very happy with them. We have them for home as well and were happy with the price until we added a garage last year then it seemed like it went up a LOT so I'm considering shopping around. My parents have dealt with them for several auto accidents over the years (including a couple I had in my Mom's car during college) and have been very happy with that side of things as well. Neither of us has had to make a claim with them under either renters which I had for several years, or homeowners.

sunnyside
03-03-2015, 04:50 PM
I have Usaa and have been happy, but never shopped around.

sunnyside
03-03-2015, 04:57 PM
I have Usaa and have been happy, but never shopped around.

kali
03-03-2015, 11:50 PM
We've always used Chubb for homeowners insurance.

They are known for "high-end" homes, but they also are great for old (historic) homes because they offer full reimbursement. Our house is over 100 years old and is nothing fancy but if we had a fire I would sure want the replace the original woodwork and heart pine stairs.

123LuckyMom
03-04-2015, 10:14 AM
There was another thread about this not too long ago:
http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=4082335

I mentioned in there that we had switched from Chubb to Travelers when we moved and why. There's no question, I think, that Chubb is the Rolls Royce of insurance, but the way they assess valuation is whackadoodle! If they'll assess your property appropriately and you can afford their rates, do use them. They are wonderful when you submit a claim! So far, we've been very happy with Travelers. We are getting fuller coverage with a significantly lower deductible. We've not yet submitted a claim, though.

lhafer
03-04-2015, 10:22 AM
We've had Amica for about a decade and have been happy with them.