PDA

View Full Version : keep or toss - Lunchable

♥ms.pacman♥
03-06-2015, 08:07 PM
DH packed kids Lunchables this morning (inside their PBK insulated lunchbag with small ice pack). However DD had pizza etc instead at school bc of classmate birthday. Got a school note about it today (um, thanx for the advance notice!), mentioning they would put the kids' packed lunches in the fridge until pickup but they didn't (argh). Do you think it is still ok to eat? was thinking to give her tonite. it's been in her lunchbag (with small ice pack) from like 8am to 6pm. it felt colder than room temp when i picked up, but not very cold. i'm annoyed to throw it out as these are pricey.

sariana
03-06-2015, 08:22 PM
I'd keep. They're full of preservatives. Unless you're here in SoCal, where it's 80 degrees :(, it should be fine.

petesgirl
03-06-2015, 08:42 PM
I'd be fine with it.

basil
03-06-2015, 09:05 PM
I would eat it.

♥ms.pacman♥
03-06-2015, 09:12 PM
I'd keep. They're full of preservatives.

Hehe this was my rationale! :) DH would have NEVER given it to them and would have thrown it out and would have been upset if i had tried to give it to them. But he's not here at the moment :) So I gave it to both kids for dinner. we shall see in the next day or so, but i am guessing it should be fine. thanks BBB ladies for the sanity check!! :)

vonfirmath
03-06-2015, 11:20 PM
Unless it was left out in the sun/in the car on a 70+ day I'd eat it.

alexsmommy
03-07-2015, 08:35 AM
I'd keep. They're full of preservatives. Unless you're here in SoCal, where it's 80 degrees :(, it should be fine.

Ha! My thought exactly. It's why I send them on field trips where theres no refrigeration when it's warm out. Figure it takes a lot to make those go bad.

KrisM
03-07-2015, 09:47 AM
I'd eat it. I packed them for an airport lunch or our trip last year. Stuck them in the backpack with no ice about 5am and kids at them at 11am. No issue.