PDA

View Full Version : How to not spread flu tips?

ray7694
03-06-2015, 08:44 PM
My dd has been vomiting for 3 days. I have already missed a ton of work for influenza and strep. Do you take extra vitamins etc to help keep it away. I am washing and disinfecting

mackmama
03-06-2015, 09:25 PM
So sorry for your DD. Elderberry syrup! I learned about it here and think it really does boost the immune system. I like Nature's Way - it tastes the best. I also take a multi or an EmergenC, plus Vit D. Hang in there!

daisysmom
03-06-2015, 09:46 PM
Well, this Ipis something we have experienced this week. Sunday of this last week, dd and I went on a road trip with dd's best friend and her mom,n3 hours each way. The girls shared the iPad in the car constantly, and atbthebdestination split each other's dessert. 2 am Monday morning dd's best friend started puking with the 24 hour stomach bug. Dd, nor the rest of us, got it.

Dh, not in the road trio with us, started coughing sunday afternoon. By Sunday night fever and chills. Same with all day Monday. Into the dr Tuesday evening and tested positive for influenza A. Neither dd nor I have gotten it.

We both started tamiflu on Tuesday night too (along with dh). Dd and I also started elderberry syrup. Dd has developed a really bad nasal cold and me, a cough, since then.

My best friend and coworker brought us gifts and spent wed evening with us (absent from dh). Last night she got the stomach bug along with several from my work floor (I haven't been at work since dh's been so sick).

I am not sure frankly what has worked and what hasn't. Maybe the elderberry kept us from getting the stomach bug or influenza a but we both landed viral colds/coughs in the meantime. I honestly think that my dh washes his hands better than all of us, and he is the sickest. I am a pretty big believer if preventative effects of tamiflu tho - as both dh's do torn and dd's pediatrician were pretty insistent thstbthebwhile family go in tamiflu when onky ine person is sick. We all get on a plane tomorrow for a week for spring break and I am just grateful that, so far, we aren't all super sick.