PDA

View Full Version : Outfits for family photos

blueperidot
03-07-2015, 10:45 PM
We are taking family pictures at the beginning of April and I need suggestions for outfits- not general themes but actual specific clothes in stores right now. I am hopelessly unable to put together matching outfits much less something nice for me.

They will be outdoor pictures so generally casual attire. I'd like something timeless but a little interesting looking for myself. I have two DS (6 & 4) who I would like to coordinate but not have the exact same outfit.

TIA!!!

Katigre
03-07-2015, 11:26 PM
Color palette of khaki, navy and coral and white will be nice. Maybe mint too. Polo and khakis for boys, skirt and top or dresses for girls.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

georgiegirl
03-07-2015, 11:30 PM
First pick our your outfit. Pick out something you love wearing. Or go shopping for an outfit. Then coordinate the boys. Not exact colors, but complimentary. I spent a ton of time on Pinterest and we got so many compliments on our family photos. Go to J.Crew, Banana Republic, loft, Nordstrom and fine something for you first. Once you have an outfit we can help with the rest of the family.

acmom
03-08-2015, 08:30 AM
First pick our your outfit. Pick out something you love wearing. Or go shopping for an outfit. Then coordinate the boys. Not exact colors, but complimentary. I spent a ton of time on Pinterest and we got so many compliments on our family photos. Go to J.Crew, Banana Republic, loft, Nordstrom and fine something for you first. Once you have an outfit we can help with the rest of the family.

I agree- you have to start with one outfit you love and then work from there. I often start with DD's outfit but it is probably good advice to start with yours bc I often end up with a combo I love but don't always love my outfit!

blueperidot
03-08-2015, 12:04 PM
What about a pair of pants like these with a similar top to the picture but navy blue and long sleeved. Are the pants too busy?

blueperidot
03-10-2015, 09:23 AM
Bumping this up for the daytime crowd. TIA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mom2binsd
03-10-2015, 04:06 PM
The pants would not be timeless... I'd go with jeans and a top that flatters you in a solid or simple pattern, maybe scarf... I'm not seeing that outfit translate well in pictures..

specialp
03-10-2015, 05:21 PM
I do not think they are too busy when you are wearing a tunic that basically covers half of them. But it is busy enough it would be difficult to coordinate other outfits. Fine if boys are wearing solid polo shirts, but not great if they are wearing plaid shirts. They wouldn't be my first pick, but are fine if they look great on you. I do agree with starting with your outfit and going from there, but when going with a busier pattern on something as large as pants (vs. a cami or a scarf), I do think you have to consider how easy or hard it would be to coordinate the others.

I prefer a more fitted top because loose tunics can make me look bigger (imo) in close up family shots depending on where the pictures cut me off. Also, as the only female in a family of boys, I sometimes like to wear a casual dress or skirt to break up the pants/jeans.

blueperidot
03-10-2015, 10:54 PM
That makes total sense about braking up the pants with a skirt. Thanks for the suggestion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk