PDA

View Full Version : Junk/Spam Emails at work?

LD92599
03-08-2015, 07:18 PM
I'm curious since I directly deal with our ISP for work but the amount of spam emails we receive is out of control. Feels like I spend more time deleting spam some days than opening legit emails and then deleting out of my trash so it's not taking up space on the server too.

So i'm curious what companies do to control it? We have tight spam controls and block a large % but it's awful.

trcy
03-08-2015, 08:50 PM
I'm curious since I directly deal with our ISP for work but the amount of spam emails we receive is out of control. Feels like I spend more time deleting spam some days than opening legit emails and then deleting out of my trash so it's not taking up space on the server too.

So i'm curious what companies do to control it? We have tight spam controls and block a large % but it's awful.
We forward any spam to our IT department. I don't know exactly what they do with...maybe block the sender? In over two years I have only needed to forward them one thing, they have it under pretty good control.

LD92599
03-08-2015, 09:03 PM
I have 94 junk emails from 11am today through now. It's that bad and my email isn't even listed on our website ANYWHERE!
I need to have a chat w/ ISP tomorrow!

ahisma
03-08-2015, 09:27 PM
I only get a few each week - I get a report weekly that I skim to make sure I haven't missed anything accidentally. I don't share my work email address anywhere though, and I'm not listed on the website (intentionally, but not due to email concerns).

dhano923
03-08-2015, 09:52 PM
I rarely get spam at work. We use a good spam blocker.

ckso
03-09-2015, 10:09 AM
I have 94 junk emails from 11am today through now. It's that bad and my email isn't even listed on our website ANYWHERE!
I need to have a chat w/ ISP tomorrow!

Something must be wrong with your spam blocker if you're getting that many in a day by 11. I don't even think I get that much spam from my personal email that I use to sign up for all sorts of things

It also helps to report the spam as junk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wendibird22
03-09-2015, 10:24 AM
We are a gmail client. A lot of spam is supposed to be filtered by gmail and at our firewall and yet I still have 500 spam emails sitting in a spam folder in my mac mail. I'm just grateful that mac mail catches what gmail and our server haven't and puts it into a separate folder.