PDA

View Full Version : Disney on Ice souvenirs?

MSWR0319
03-09-2015, 08:57 AM
Awhile back I posted about taking the boys to see Disney on Ice. I remember someone mentioned that I should buy the light up (or maybe it was spinning?) things ahead of time for them, as they are cheaper than at the show. What exactly am I looking for and where do I get these?? Thanks!!

emily_gracesmama
03-09-2015, 12:08 PM
The big ones are easily 20 each at the show. I've bought smaller light up spinner things at Walgreens for a few dollars before. Mickey Mouse and Princess themed ones.

belovedgandp
03-09-2015, 12:50 PM
We've taken general light up toys to many of those kind of shows - Sesame Street, Disney, etc - I've picked them up at Target or Michaels. I've had two or three different ball type toys with lights inside the ball that spin. For a while it was an egg shape I picked up on clearance.

But yes, have something in your bag and do not get sucked into their items. The snow cone in the special cup was $15 when we went last week. Insanity.

llama8
03-09-2015, 07:59 PM
If you buy a light up toy at Disney on Ice, it has a warranty. You get a card and you can change it out for a new one at any future Disney on Ice if you want, even if it still works. You can buy it once and get a new one every year, so that one purchase goes a long way over a cheap toy from the local store.

MSWR0319
03-09-2015, 08:37 PM
If you buy a light up toy at Disney on Ice, it has a warranty. You get a card and you can change it out for a new one at any future Disney on Ice if you want, even if it still works. You can buy it once and get a new one every year, so that one purchase goes a long way over a cheap toy from the local store.

Now that is an interesting piece of information that I didn't know!! DS would love to do that. I jut wonder how often we'd go. Thanks for the info!

ray7694
03-09-2015, 08:39 PM
Ahh the snow cone cup got us but I will say it is the prized cup

trales
03-09-2015, 09:16 PM
We bought nothing, but DD1 knows we are cheap. She had a great time and it was no stress. WE went for a fancy lunch in the North End of Boston after.

KpbS
03-09-2015, 09:27 PM
I bought a light up spinning thing from the Easter section of Target once, randomly. My DC do love them. That said, my kids know I don't usually buy them anything souvenir-ish. I tell them straight up that I spent the money on the tickets.

hth