PDA

View Full Version : rec for white 96" white curtain panels?

abh5e8
03-09-2015, 02:50 PM
any suggestions? redoing the girls room...light pink walls, white trim. furniture is a mix of espresso and white. oil rubbed bronze for the curtain rod and dresser poles. they have 1 big, double window and 1 smaller single window. would like to just do a simple white panel from floor to ceiling, so need the 96 inch size. but ugh, the choices. would love to just have a rec of something affordable and appropriate for a children s room. (no silk dupioni or other formal please).

thanks!!

eta: girls are 8 and almost 2. (the almost 2 year old doesn't actually sleep in the room, but we will hopefully move her this summer.) so trying to avoid the actual nursery look, something a little more of a big girl room. and something washable (does that even exist???) would be wonderful!!

SnuggleBuggles
03-09-2015, 02:53 PM
We have white linen ones from Crate and Barrel. They are not opaque but we didn't need that for our space.

BunnyBee
03-09-2015, 03:04 PM
IKEA has some inexpensive options. They come in 98" lengths with iron on tape. The kind that comes with it is crap quality IME, and I hemmed mine without worrying about being exact. I used a sheer floral pattern that I didn't see on my phone from searching, but there are several including plain, solid white.

Momit
03-09-2015, 03:19 PM
I was going to say IKEA too. We got our sunroom curtains there and they had a big selection of white curtains in different fabrics and textures. That iron on hem tape is super easy to use, and I am craft and sewing challenged.

truly scrumptious
03-09-2015, 03:36 PM
We have IKEA ones too. We've had them for at least 4 or 5 years now.

calebsmama03
03-09-2015, 03:38 PM
Yet another vote for ikea. I have the tan version but they come in white, look like linen, and are dirt cheap! Mine have been up for almost 9 years and still in great shape.

WatchingThemGrow
03-09-2015, 04:11 PM
Are they Lynda curtains from ikea maybe? We have them and cut them to fit- got poles from lowes and stuck rings on them. loVE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abh5e8
03-09-2015, 05:29 PM
I had a sneaking suspicion you all would say ikea! we were just there yesterday and dh had not one last oz of patience for me to look at curtains. but the shipping is actually reasonable....so might go for it. I found LENDA, an all cotton tab top. that might be the winner. any other favorites? thanks!!

Momit
03-09-2015, 06:17 PM
We have Matilda. http://www.amazon.com/Ikea-Matilda-Sheer-Curtains-White/dp/B00CX2Y4GE

AnnieW625
03-09-2015, 06:49 PM
My mom has always gotten her curtains and supplies from JC Penney and has been happy with them.